The latest Matt Cornell harness

96coal449

Rico, seeing all your creations with the rope saddles almost has me second guessing my lust for an MB.
I like my MCRS but have never been 100% comfortable in it. Removing the bungee keepers in the rear will be one of my first steps. Next are the positioning of the side rings. I changed out mine when I got it with 2 1/2 or 3'' stainless rings from a marine rigging supply store. Added a little weight, but I mostly use a steel core flip line with steel snaps. Didn't want the steel on aluminum rings.

The gear junkie I am, I'll most likely end up ordering the MB and get it adjusted to me before I play with the rope saddle to much.

Your creations are inspiring.

Crimsonking

I just bought a “modern” saddle to cut down on weight, but these new configurations are making me want to pull the mcrs back out for some tweaking.

treegongfu

Great work Rico!

Thanks for posting your experiments. It is a lot of work to keep trying new setups and it is very helpful to get to see and read the results.

I got more cordage and two more rings (Black) and a black DMM vault. Yesterday.

I'm going to attempt the treemo-SoftBankHawks- Rico ring setup but I'll try with the rings in front of the rope slot.

rico

I'm glad you guys are digging the different configuration because I am having a lot of fun splicing and trying to find the best set up I can. This last one is really freakin amazing and will be tough to beat....Sooo comfy, and sooo rock solid. As I was working today I really couldn't think of anything that needed improving...This configuration and a well dialed in HH2 was pure bliss....

rico

Rico, seeing all your creations with the rope saddles almost has me second guessing my lust for an MB.
I like my MCRS but have never been 100% comfortable in it. Removing the bungee keepers in the rear will be one of my first steps. Next are the positioning of the side rings. I changed out mine when I got it with 2 1/2 or 3'' stainless rings from a marine rigging supply store. Added a little weight, but I mostly use a steel core flip line with steel snaps. Didn't want the steel on aluminum rings.

The gear junkie I am, I'll most likely end up ordering the MB and get it adjusted to me before I play with the rope saddle to much.

Your creations are inspiring.
I have no doubt your gonna love the MB, so I say you get it and tweek your MCRS.

rico

I’m looking forward to your review of the one you made with the TriRig plates.
Are you speaking of the setup with the double ring (ala TreeMo) for the side dees with in the TriRig plates in the lower dee position?

Last edited:

Jonny

Yes, looked like it’d be mighty comfy for running a lanyard a bit overhead or laterally and higher up, or most other ways one uses a lanyard other than a spar on spurs. Gets the pressure off the hips and on the booty and upper thighs. About the only time I use the side Ds on my TreeMotion is on spars. Pine, spruce, sometimes ash if there’s not much to it.

rico

Yes, looked like it’d be mighty comfy for running a lanyard a bit overhead or laterally and higher up, or most other ways one uses a lanyard other than a spar on spurs. Gets the pressure off the hips and on the booty and upper thighs. About the only time I use the side Ds on my TreeMotion is on spars. Pine, spruce, sometimes ash if there’s not much to it.
The latest confuguration I posted is what you want then.. Zero pressure on the hips...Nada. Best I have ever experienced in a harness...I am going to splice up a kit with the termination at the TriRigs in the lower position, and string it up in this configuration...The rings in the lower dee position brings a level of fluidity and mobility thats tough to beat, but the TriRigs make for a super clean and tidy setup...As to which one is better will be up to the user....

Last edited:

Steve Connally

@rico Really like that. My main complaint about my set up is the overhand tracer I have the side d’s capturing. Bulky and cumbersome. I do like how your splice is on the lower suspension ring instead of the posterior ring. How is the rear ring tied? If only I had the patience to splice. I’m digging your latest set up

rico

I just couldnt get the overhand knot to completely stay put with the side dees out front, and like yourself I found them bulky and weird. This latest setup fixes that and them some..So freaking comfy. Give me a couple weeks and I would love to slice you a kit terminated to some rigging plates..

First connection on the rear ring is a girth hitch, then on the return back from the side dee the tail passes through the girth and finishes off with a half hitch (or 2)..

I will get you a pic in the morning....

rico

Here's the center ring on the latest configuration Steve...Pretty much the same as the last 2 setups but with one main difference. In the setups where the spliced ring is in the side dee position everything is run through the center ring from top to bottom... In this latest setup where the spliced ring is in the lower dee position everything runs through the center ring from bottum to top....Hope that makes sense...

If I get some time today I am going to splice up a kit terminated to the TriRig plates and string it up in this latest configuration. I will get some pics posted when she's done. Should be a killer setup for those who prefer some rigging plates in the lower dee position..

IMG_2244.JPG

Last edited:

DSMc

I think I like the one with the lower rings better, but both of these alterations that you have come up with, are the cleanest and most functional looking versions of this harness I have seen.

Great job!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom