The latest Matt Cornell harness

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I click on the video to start, I can see it, but no audio.

If I click on the "f" symbol at the lower right, I get both.

Last edited:

Mowerr

Yea I'm buying it soon as it comes out but just by the way he spoke of the dirty dozen and some tricks he has yet to reveal will be part of the finish product, I bet the release will drag out like the akimbo did. Great work Matt and I can't wait. The question is...how does @rico feel about this?

rico

You all know my thoughts concerning the MCRS so I am super stoked that Matt is gonna continue producing his brainchild and I wish him luck in his latest endeavor.. Even though some of us feel that the original MCRS is the best harness we have ever flown it certainly didn't take the arb world by storm, so I don't expect this new one to do so either. It looks as if Matt will once again be bringing his truly unique & great piece of gear to market, but like all the other great saddles out there some will love it and some not so much.... I could go to the top of the mountain and scream the virtues of the MCRS, but in the end its all in the eye of the beholder. What its about is innovation and choice and folks like Matt, Kevin Bingham, Paul Cox, Jamie, Gordon, and others are giving us both,which is allowing us to be more efficient, productive, and safer in our day to day tree lives...Thanks gentlemen.

With my main MCRS perfectly broken in and fitting like a glove, and 2 unused ones sitting in a hermetically sealed, environmentally controlled vault the last thing I need is another MCRS. I would love to be one of the dirty dozen and have the opportunity to smash a few Reds and Firs in Matt's latest beauty, but the person who truly deserves that honor around here would be @Steve Connally. Dude has been a stalwart fan and defender of the MCRS since day one. In fact Steve is the reason I gave the MCRS a second look, and I am sure glad I did...

Acerxharlowii

You all know my thoughts concerning the MCRS so I am super stoked that Matt is gonna continue producing his brainchild and I wish him luck in his latest endeavor.. Even though some of us feel that the original MCRS is the best harness we have ever flown it certainly didn't take the arb world by storm, so I don't expect this new one to do so either. It looks as if Matt will once again be bringing his truly unique & great piece of gear to market, but like all the other great saddles out there some will love it and some not so much.... I could go to the top of the mountain and scream the virtues of the MCRS, but in the end its all in the eye of the beholder. What its about is innovation and choice and folks like Matt, Kevin Bingham, Paul Cox, Jamie, Gordon, and others are giving us both,which is allowing us to be more efficient, productive, and safer in our day to day tree lives...Thanks gentlemen.

With my main MCRS perfectly broken in and fitting like a glove, and 2 unused ones sitting in a hermetically sealed, environmentally controlled vault the last thing I need is another MCRS. I would love to be one of the dirty dozen and have the opportunity to smash a few Reds and Firs in Matt's latest beauty, but the person who truly deserves that honor around here would be @Steve Connally. Dude has been a stalwart fan and defender of the MCRS since day one. In fact Steve is the reason I gave the MCRS a second look, and I am sure glad I did...
You should share the love

moss

...and 2 unused ones sitting in a hermetically sealed, environmentally controlled vault
Who's in to storm Rico's personal Area 51? The team is going to be similar to MC's Dirty Dozen only we'll be the Dopey Desperado Dozen with No Hope. We don't actually know where the bunker is so it will take years to resolve this project to failure. On second thought, I'll wait for the official MC saddle release.
-AJ

moss

I will note that it appears that Matt and I have more than our love for the MCRS in common, as he is wearing an old-school hardhat in the vid, and looking fucking good doing it....Impossible in one of those goofy space age Proto jobbers...
Someone commented on the FB video "Where do I get that gladiator helmet?" There needs to be a package deal, the MC saddle w/gladiator helmet. Conquistador helmet available by special order. Horned gladiator helmet with double-sided musk ox or front mounted narwhal tusk option on back order. I'm in 100% all the way!

Love what Matt is doing with the harness and his underlying philosophy is key, giving the responsibility to and trusting the seasoned climber to make the right choices and customize the harness to work best for their climbing. That is a game changer. Will not play well in places where there is heavy regulation of arb gear standards but so what. People can climb on something else in competitions or elsewhere (EU countries etc.) as needed. Choice and trust is what it's about.
-AJ

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom