Smallest chipper that is practical to feed with mini

evo

Been here a while
My only weigh in on the subject of disc bs. drum is a disc will throw chips much better due to the fan design. My Woodsman 750 will throw far after the initial hit of material, but also quickly drops rpm and quite a bit ends up just below the outfeed.

Perhaps in only really matters when cupping into a truck and trying to avoid excess cleanup? I’d still take the clean up along with the capabilities and reduced weight.
Meaning the xpc vs the 90xp with the same everything but the vertical infeed wheel opening?

evo

Been here a while
This is true, but the Bandit drums, especially the new ones, throw quite hard. A 12XPC will have no trouble at all filling a 12’ body truck, and will likely fill a longer one as well. (I only have experience with that size chipper behind 12’ trucks)
Remember I’m blowing into the forest just as often or more than the truck

evo

Been here a while
Can’t see a real benefit of 90xp over 12xpc, 300lbs and whatever the cost difference would be saved in less labor etc
Cost isn’t the issue, it’s only a grand or two difference which isn’t much with a almost 40k purchase.
my question is they have the same engine, and feed width. So basically the same chipper only disc vs drum, winch capability or none, and a few inches on opening hight and 10” infeed width..
So the question is drum so much better than disk I should think the a 12xpc is x amount better than a 90xp.. @Reach had a good point of the feed rate, which is exactly why I’m asking.

Reach

Been here a while
Remember I’m blowing into the forest just as often or more than the truck
True, and you’ll get more range in the forest, as the ground is much lower than a truck bed. As long as you keep the knives sharp, I think you will see plenty of distance out of your chips.

oceans

Been here a while
Cost isn’t the issue, it’s only a grand or two difference which isn’t much with a almost 40k purchase.
my question is they have the same engine, and feed width. So basically the same chipper only disc vs drum, winch capability or none, and a few inches on opening hight and 10” infeed width..
So the question is drum so much better than disk I should think the a 12xpc is x amount better than a 90xp.. @Reach had a good point of the feed rate, which is exactly why I’m asking.
Going over everything stated in the thread, it just seems the 12xpc is your ideal choice machine over the 90xp. As others have already stated, pound for pound, you’ll do a lot more with the 12xpc.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom