new echo chainsaw commercial

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
its 2021 are we sure its a "she"?
@treesap

WHAT?!

You had better pay attention and do some changing. Your attitude is not appreciated. Keep it up and your presence may be unwelcome.

The proper use of pronouns isn't a grammar lesson. There are much deeper and important issues that you should be aware of. If you aren't, google can lead you to some excellent articles.

You have an opportunity to clean up your language and edit your posts. If you've timed out of the edit cycle and want your posts edited let me know via a message and I can do it anytime.

Don't forget, this is a private forum. You don't have the right to say whatever you want to,

Be nice and respect others.

Birdyman88

She sounds like she would be a remarkable role model for a lot of the young people of today, I hope this commercial isn’t her only television appearance. Maybe TCIA/ISA could recruit her to run some ads for the tree industry as a whole, we could use a fresh face and a different approach to bringing in the next generation of the tree care industry is going to survive.
This is the way it happens. Find some good role models, develop a solid ad campaign around them, and be patient. My daughter experienced it in women's golf during the last decade, and the talent pool just went nuts during that time. It all started going supersonic with one player - Anika Sorenstam - but then came Kristy Kerr, Michelle Wie, Paula Creamer, Lexi Thompson, Lydia Ko, etc. The scores to get yourself onto a top 100 women's college team dropped about 8-10 strokes over the decade. I can easily see someone like Alisha inspiring some young athletes, male and female, to walk away from their chosen sport and take up tree climbing as a sport or business.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
After viewing the video i can say my previous comment would have never been made.. I know this person and she is an outstanding arborist and businesswoman as well as an international competition level competitor. I beg forgiveness.

I hope that your contrition is understood by some of the other participants in this thread and they can learn about responsibility.

evo

After viewing the video i can say my previous comment would have never been made.. I know this person and she is an outstanding arborist and businesswoman as well as an international competition level competitor. I beg forgiveness.
Now that sir is why you have my respect. Perhaps after this thread is tossed into the digital paper shredder you can invite her? I'm sad with the lack of female representation on the buzz, it seemed as if there were much more a while back in the days of @Nora, and when Kathy would post.. I'm proud to know a number of women in the industry in the PNW, but I can also see why they choose not to come onto the forums.

Chaplain242

My thoughts on the subject? @texasmossball i don’t see any foul on your inquiry. BUT we do live in a world where it’s likely much safer that the subject of the commercial is anonymous, wether on purpose or accident. If her name and contact info was public just imagine the type of crap that she would be subject to. Many of the posts here obviously reflect on the reasons of why it’s likely a good idea for her to be a ‘unknown’.

@oldoakman pretty out of line and character, we are all human but I’m disappointed in your comment

@treesap we now have a problem kid. I have many friends who deal with the daily threat of their LIVES due to their identities. I’ve had to go to some of their funerals too. This is a hard line and you need to seriously get your head in check. I just spent hours yesterday putting my body between full grown adult men who took it upon themselves to actively intimidate a group of out youth. The fuckers took turns pacing and surrounding kids your age. The cops just sat back and watched as their group advanced from 75 yards to within a few paces. They allowed them to circle and pace our group as well. If your interested I have video of these scum

@Chaplain242 there is more wrong with this statement than I care to address. The fact that it’s in line with a statement from a 14 year old boy who obviously needs to broaden his horizons is telling enough

I’m with stumps on this one. This thread is one of the dark days on the buzz. No wonder this specific sub forum has inches of dust on it. The fact that I know 1 woman per 10 or more men in this industry is telling enough. I work in a mircocausim and unfortunately I’ve only worked alongside one woman in my fucken 15 year carriers, and same goes for any one who is out LGBTQ.
Sorry Evo - I call BS. My statement had everything to do with false advertising and little else. Look into the context because you clearly missed it…

treegongfu

Where does THIS come from?

Do you know this for a fact? Prove it. If not, edit your post.

..."the land of the rising sun" is offensive.
Tom, not to be rude but you seem slow on the uptake on this. Almost like someone is telling you that this is offensive.

Is there a behind the scenes cancel culture mobilization?

I can't prove it, it is hyperbole. However, I suspect there are very few if any female (is that offensive?) arborist in Nippon ( is that offensive?)

Why is the "land of the rising sun offensive?
I don't know what treesap did wrong either.

treegongfu

Tom, I looked it up for you.

Etymology Edit
Loose calque of Japanese 日本 (Nihon, “Japan”, literally “origin of the sun”) or 日の本の国 (Hinomoto-no-kuni, literally “land of the sun's origin”).

treegongfu

Oldoakman, someone was looking for a woman without explaination, you made a joke, nothing wrong with that. Don't bow to this stuff it will take over completely.

It is neomarxist postmodernism with a dose of critical race theory.

treegongfu

"Patriarchy is a system of oppression that maintains the balance of power in the hands of cis white men."

Tom this is offensive, racist and wrong.

Just incase you don't know I offer you Gengis Khan.

treegongfu

He told the papal envoy that he would consider conversion to Christianity if the pope would bow before him.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Tom, not to be rude but you seem slow on the uptake on this. Almost like someone is telling you that this is offensive.
No one has their hand up the back of my shirt. Here's a key to understanding my moderation style. Don;t react immediately to everything. Let things idle along. Most of the time someone else makes a comment that is much better than I would have written. If not I reply with scaled responses. Sometimes the first response is a private DM...and could ultimately work up to total banning.

Is there a behind the scenes cancel culture mobilization?

Oh, geez, feeling a little paranoid?

I can't prove it, it is hyperbole. However, I suspect there are very few if any female (is that offensive?) arborist in Nippon ( is that offensive?)
I sent out a fact check request to a friend of mine in Japan that will know one way or the other. Waiting for a reply.

Take some time and read about 'land of the rising sun'.

Why try to be clever by half when just saying Japan works just fine?

I don't know what treesap did wrong either.

That's his business. And mine.

treegongfu

Thanks for the responses and explanations. I don't think I'm paranoid and I appreciate your considered moderation. I respect you.
I felt that treesap is being sacrificed to appease the crowd.

Why be clever? I don't know. Why text at all.

I meant it as it is used in the definition I provided. It is very suitable in that it encapsulates Japanese chauvinism and patriarchy in a discussion that claims the patriarchy is "Cis white male oppression"

I have to agree. It was quite clever.

evo

Sorry Evo - I call BS. My statement had everything to do with false advertising and little else. Look into the context because you clearly missed it…
by reinforcing a transphobic stereotype? How many trans street worker do you know/have known? Let me tell you sumthin, if its not disclosed they might wind up dead...

Chaplain242

by reinforcing a transphobic stereotype? How many trans street worker do you know/have known? Let me tell you sumthin, if its not disclosed they might wind up dead...
Again I call BS on more ingenious BS. I have spent plenty of time in the Red Light Districts of Thailand where they have developed a Katoi culture that makes the West’s attempts look childish. And I have sat down and had discussions with many in their thirties that openly declare they have no present understanding why the hell they went down the road of Trans surgery - the most common response being “I have no idea what I was doing in doing the change” (approximated to accommodate translation difficulties).

And in Thailand it is a common joke to see a Farang (White man) get deceived into picking up a prostitute that is too good looking to be female, and find him drinking as much hard liquor as he can find at 1am before the bars shut to get over the experience of a surprise encounter with a one eyed snake in his bed. It is so common even the Thai’s laugh because they get the joke.

Every now and then one gets bashed for their trouble. At the end of the day, their prostitution, and their willingness to deceive gets them in trouble with the violent responding type. They deceive when there aren’t enough homosexual ‘Johns’ to market their particular modifications to. And believe me some of these modifications are so extensive and well done that you cannot tell right away, and a good guide is to look at them in how perfectly attractive they look -presenting themselves as female (when they are not) and that they are too good looking to be actually female. Hence the joke “If they look to good to be true, it probably is” is not a slur but an active description of the issue at hand.

You have fallen into the same trap that required correction earlier in the thread - by not asking context, jumping in with judgement based on your current subscription to the LGBTIQ militant push based on perceived victimisation, and manipulated by those rich globalists trying to destroy American foundations.

Violence against queers is no where near where it was in years past. Now with the growth of the rainbow culture (which is as Marxist as BLM) - for evidence read the Naked Communist as it was written down as a guide for the Communist groups in the fifties.

As an aside I have had friends that were homosexual, and were so despite me being straight. Some of them even used to beat up sissy homosexuals because they dishonoured being a man by behaving so.
These arguments are not as singular in origin as cancel culture would like you to believe - there’s a lot of flavours out there.

In fact - many of the oppressors in the past may have been in the closet themselves since the deity at the heart of Freemasonry(One form of Satanism) is himself a transsexual and homosexual deity. So these issues are old and complicated.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom