new echo chainsaw commercial

treegongfu

Here is a quote from the article.

"Promoted by public intellectuals such as Robin DiAngelo or Ibram X. Kendi, it’s an approach that in recent years has found its way into the highest echelons of power in the United States, and now features in mandatory training for tens of thousands of U.S. bureaucrats and corporate employees. "

Is thar not true?

treegongfu

Appreciate that you don't want to discuss it but assume that they appear racist towards the wrong people to you as they do to me.

I don't support anti-white racism either.

I posted the article to counter the allegations that CRT is a strawman, which I think it does.
I am open to the possibility that I've been duped by biased media.

I do believe the media is "fake" and everyone from all political perspectives should know that. We have seen it often enough.

treegongfu

Here is more:

Ibram Xolani Kendi is an American author, professor, anti-racist activist, and historian of race and discriminatory policy in America. In July 2020, he assumed the position of director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University. Kendi was included in Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People of 2020. Wikipedia

Stumpsprouts

Here is more:

Ibram Xolani Kendi is an American author, professor, anti-racist activist, and historian of race and discriminatory policy in America. In July 2020, he assumed the position of director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University. Kendi was included in Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People of 2020. Wikipedia
I don’t really follow what your question or point is in the last few posts, I do not know if that training is mandatory for US bureaucrats but I would imagine it is true. Ibram X Kendi has certainly influenced a lot of discussions in the last year...
Appreciate that you don't want to discuss it but assume that they appear racist towards the wrong people to you as they do to me.
I don’t follow?

treegongfu

I just read- and all of that made sense to me aside from “objectivity” and “worship of the written word” being markers of white supremacy. Really don’t understand some of that.

I took not making sense to mean you saw it as racist like I do.

And I believe you dislike racism toward "bipocs" but advocate it towards "cis white males", thus racist towards the wrong race, from your perspective.

Stumpsprouts

I took not making sense to mean you saw it as racist like I do.

And I believe you dislike racism toward "bipocs" but advocate it towards "cis white males", thus racist towards the wrong race, from your perspective.
No, I do not find the inclusion of those ideas racist, they just seem overreaching and confusing and have nothing to do with race in my opinion.

To agree on what is and is not racism would be a fools errand, those are lines being drawn and redrawn daily as a society and internally as well.

These are conversations ideally we would have over a beer, or while cabling an oak tree together, or sitting in the back of a chip truck while it’s raining. I’m just not interested in going there in this forum right now.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom