New Buckingham saddle coming out at TCIA?

Jamie0584

I got to try the agility again today- it is super adjustable, with a neat feature of the leg straps holding the cuff to the thigh are separate from the straps connecting the cuff to the bridge D. However, it’s a pain to don and doff, and the Velcro...so much Velcro. The leg buckles are difficult to use. It’s quite comfortable once on, and fits in a great place on the waist. The loops and storage areas are accessible. It’s still warm, though. I was told that the bridge gets smoother with use. However the bridge is the cause for most of the donning frustration due to its length (too short).

Overall, it’s still not something I’d choose, but I could work in it if I needed to, while others will like and prefer it.
What length would be the ideal for you? Also the on off is being taken care of and will also help with ease of the adjustments

Crimsonking

3-4 more inches on the bridge would make more room for donning, hopefully without putting one’s system out of reach or in the face. It would also allow for a couple more stitched segments.

What measures have been taken for replaceability of worn parts, such as the cuff straps through the Ds?

Jamie0584

3-4 more inches on the bridge would make more room for donning, hopefully without putting one’s system out of reach or in the face. It would also allow for a couple more stitched segments.

What measures have been taken for replaceability of worn parts, such as the cuff straps through the Ds?
By cuff straps are you referring to leg pads?
All wear parts will have some replacement available, and that is also a good part about Buckingham and buying something made in the USA you can always call and get something and more importantly someone to talk to if your distributor cant rectify the situation!

Crimsonking

Leg pads, yes. Kudos on sticking your neck out to design something for arborists, considering how harsh we can be with our opinions.

Any tips for using the leg pad buckles? The way the Velcro strap is designed, it holds the buckle toward the receiver, which makes disconnecting a pain. Also, after disconnecting, the Velcro keeps the strap at about the same length, so that disconnecting the buckle makes almost no difference in introducing slack for doffing.

Mowerr

Maybe offer a longer bridge option?
Are the pocket stitched rated like the snake anchor? If not maybe the longer bridge could also be sold as a shock absorber if the pockets tear at certain forces like the 4kn stiches on the ART snake anchor.
I do like the out of box thinking on the bridge and method to adjust it.

Jamie0584

Maybe offer a longer bridge option?
Are the pocket stitched rated like the snake anchor? If not maybe the longer bridge could also be sold as a shock absorber if the pockets tear at certain forces like the 4kn stiches on the ART snake anchor.
I do like the out of box thinking on the bridge and method to adjust it.
The production bridge is going to be a little longer, also the idea was to keep it low and keep the climber centered and more over the rope, the pockets all have to break at astm standards so no shock absorbing in the bridge

Jamie0584

Leg pads, yes. Kudos on sticking your neck out to design something for arborists, considering how harsh we can be with our opinions.

Any tips for using the leg pad buckles? The way the Velcro strap is designed, it holds the buckle toward the receiver, which makes disconnecting a pain. Also, after disconnecting, the Velcro keeps the strap at about the same length, so that disconnecting the buckle makes almost no difference in introducing slack for doffing.
I wasn't nervous about designing for a group of my peers I have pretty thick skin, and am quite good at ball breaking and picking things apart my self. So the reason for holding it toward the receiver is to keep it from loosening, the production run is going to have an additional 3 in of adjustment with no velcro to help with that and the larger leg issues. These were rough samples at the show that we had to introduce our concepts and get feed back, our final run is going to have all these changes + more.

Jonny

Will that segmented bridge allow for smaller swivels or the Rook pulley? Would I have Buckingham’s blessing to use a different rope for the bridge if I didn’t like the segmented? It’s just knotted like most rope bridges, right? Could use Velocity like what’s on the Ergovation.

Aldegar

I am pretty intrigued about this saddle. I am in the market for a new saddle but last time I switched from my trusty ergo to a TM I ended up with back pain which was corrected by switching back to the ergo. How does this compare to the Ergo? How does the leg strap system function? I usually just sag the shit out of my leg straps to keep them lower to keep from squeezing my legs together.

dsptech

I like the wider belt and velcro strap covering the belt buckle compared to the Treemotion.
The leg straps I'm not sure about.
Looks like you have to step through the bridge and an additional 3 straps per leg?
Is there a quick release buckle on the leg pads?

rico

I like the wider belt and velcro strap covering the belt buckle compared to the Treemotion.
The leg straps I'm not sure about.
Looks like you have to step through the bridge and an additional 3 straps per leg?
Is there a quick release buckle on the leg pads?
I myself hate velcro on my saddles... Other than that is looks pretty sweet, but not really sure what makes it a standout among the already outstanding saddles that are available.

Aldegar

I wasn't nervous about designing for a group of my peers I have pretty thick skin, and am quite good at ball breaking and picking things apart my self. So the reason for holding it toward the receiver is to keep it from loosening, the production run is going to have an additional 3 in of adjustment with no velcro to help with that and the larger leg issues. These were rough samples at the show that we had to introduce our concepts and get feed back, our final run is going to have all these changes + more.
I am interested in this saddle, how is the lumbar support in comparison with the ergo? My single gripe of the ergo is that it sags in extended climbs.

Jonny

4563A942-4C32-4473-B3B4-1D4135A9E81A.png
Close up pic of the Ds.
Sounds like the Velcro is adjusted when fitting it, then that’s it, you won’t be pulling Velcro every time you don and doff the saddle.
Still just pre-order for now.

Mowerr

Yea I like what they did with their rope bridge and their lower D's.
I think that setup offers the most options out of all the rope bridge lower d setups currently on the market.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom