New Buckingham saddle coming out at TCIA?

dsptech

sure i here you on some of the adjustments but im not aware of the TreeMotion being extremely easy to adjust either and the thing doesnt even stay in adjustment. Hang a saw off the treemotion and boom the thing starts to sag.
What do you mean?
I haven't put my new TreeMotion in service yet.
I've never read anywhere any complaints and I have searched out and read as much as I could find online about it.
Is the TM another piece of tree gear where it's like tabboo to post anything negative about it?

Crimsonking

I got to try the agility again today- it is super adjustable, with a neat feature of the leg straps holding the cuff to the thigh are separate from the straps connecting the cuff to the bridge D. However, it’s a pain to don and doff, and the Velcro...so much Velcro. The leg buckles are difficult to use. It’s quite comfortable once on, and fits in a great place on the waist. The loops and storage areas are accessible. It’s still warm, though. I was told that the bridge gets smoother with use. However the bridge is the cause for most of the donning frustration due to its length (too short).

Overall, it’s still not something I’d choose, but I could work in it if I needed to, while others will like and prefer it.

Jonny

I like Buckingham gear, always found it to be well built and durable. I still have a Traverse and a Versatile full bod that are retired because of age. They’d still pass anyone’s inspection just a little worn and dirty and 14 and 21 years old respectively. Had a Master 2 for a couple years too, was able to run a lanyard close to the legs but couldn’t really keep it there without stepping on or gaffing it, plus it didn’t have floating bridge. The later Master with all that looked good.

Maybe clone wasn’t right word, I just see big lower Ds and hand tied bridge and tend to think of the OG.
I’m looking forward to reviews and very curious of price and if it can use other bridges.
Hows the pads on leg straps? Rigid? I’ll never do a leg strap saddle again that’s just padded/ cushioned. They need to be pretty hard/ rigid. Like the TM ones :D

The modular set up on the Ergovation looked cool, is this like that? I would’ve bought the Ergo if it could’ve come with a bosun seat and real lower forward Ds. I wasn’t digging the idea of a 600$ saddle and 200$+ or whatever it cost for the bosun. Same with Sequoia, sell the damn thing with the seat, don’t make it an expensive add on sold separately.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
What do you mean?
I haven't put my new TreeMotion in service yet.
I've never read anywhere any complaints and I have searched out and read as much as I could find online about it.
Is the TM another piece of tree gear where it's like tabboo to post anything negative about it?
No, it's just that good. I only want something else that is equally good so that I can run something different.

climbstihl

I like Buckingham gear, always found it to be well built and durable. I still have a Traverse and a Versatile full bod that are retired because of age. They’d still pass anyone’s inspection just a little worn and dirty and 14 and 21 years old respectively. Had a Master 2 for a couple years too, was able to run a lanyard close to the legs but couldn’t really keep it there without stepping on or gaffing it, plus it didn’t have floating bridge. The later Master with all that looked good.

Maybe clone wasn’t right word, I just see big lower Ds and hand tied bridge and tend to think of the OG.
I’m looking forward to reviews and very curious of price and if it can use other bridges.
Hows the pads on leg straps? Rigid? I’ll never do a leg strap saddle again that’s just padded/ cushioned. They need to be pretty hard/ rigid. Like the TM ones :D

The modular set up on the Ergovation looked cool, is this like that? I would’ve bought the Ergo if it could’ve come with a bosun seat and real lower forward Ds. I wasn’t digging the idea of a 600$ saddle and 200$+ or whatever it cost for the bosun. Same with Sequoia, sell the damn thing with the seat, don’t make it an expensive add on sold separately.
I'd rather pay less for a sequoia without a seat than be forced to buy a seat I don't need. And probably most people don't need it either. They could do two packages though, a basic with just the saddle, and a "comfort" package with the seat, where the seat is cheaper than if you buy it separately.

Jonny

I'd rather pay less for a sequoia without a seat than be forced to buy a seat I don't need. And probably most people don't need it either. They could do two packages though, a basic with just the saddle, and a "comfort" package with the seat, where the seat is cheaper than if you buy it separately.
Sure, the seat will probably never be as popular as individual leg straps, but some people like them. If they stuck a bosun on one it could be a different saddle, maybe name it something else or different model number.
It’s not dear to me anymore anyways, they’ve learned to make leg straps to have stiff support where it’s needed anyways. Just saying that if someone wants the seat they’re stuck spending a lot more money and then they take off the other lower and what? Throw it on a shelf to rot? Maybe give it away?

dsptech

My first climbs were with a seat.
Found it only got in the way when stepping through crotches or tight spots in the tree.
It's bad enough when you have to fish your saw, lanyard, and other gear hanging off you saddle through or over plus the dang seat.

I climb on the Ergovation sit harness now although I have a brand spanking new TM waiting to go into service.
Just haven't found the time to switch over yet.
When I do I will be putting the Ergo up for sale only because it don't fit me anymore.
Burned off a few pant sizes climbing trees.

Jonny

Yeah the seat can be bulky sometimes, at the time though the comfort was great. I doubt I’ll be going back to it, my older TreeMotion still serves me well. For the rest of my days I won’t fly a saddle that doesn’t have the lower forward Ds anyways, though the Ergo does leave a hole open on the plates for a lanyard, right? Just biners only, no snaps right? Still comfy I’ll bet.
Just out of curiosity, is it a medium?

dsptech

Yeah the seat can be bulky sometimes, at the time though the comfort was great. I doubt I’ll be going back to it, my older TreeMotion still serves me well. For the rest of my days I won’t fly a saddle that doesn’t have the lower forward Ds anyways, though the Ergo does leave a hole open on the plates for a lanyard, right? Just biners only, no snaps right? Still comfy I’ll bet.
Very comfy like a sofa.
Yup, the rigging plates leave two holes open on each side.
You could have 3 bridges if you like.
I run an adjustable bridge on mine.
You could also add a couple of Petzl Ring Opens to one of the holes in the plates for use as lower Ds.
It's a large but it does adjust to a range of sizes.
I was a 36" waist when I bought it.
I have it set to the smallest settings but I'm a 30 waste now and no ass :oops: so have to use suspenders to keep it from sliding down on me.

Jamie0584

Hello I'd like to introduce myself in this thread, I'm Jamie Chambrelli I'm the designer who created the Agility. I'm an instructor for Arbormaster and a production climber just like all of you, I designed this saddle with the thinking that it needed to be built for WORK. I wanted it to be functional as well as give you the most mobility possible. That being said, I appreciate all the feed back and would be more than happy to explain any concerns. And also how to fit reasons behind features and any other Rhyme or Reason questions. I just would like to start by saying that this is far from a carbon copy of a Treemotion Evo. In fact the design was specifically made to combat dislikes with all of the saddles that fall in the class. I'd also like to address the velcro concerns. The velcro is positioned on the saddle to make your adjustments Stay Put. This is a much more supportive system than just keeper elastics and will help with all loosening issues. Also to compare the velcro to any other is Apples and Oranges. Buckingham has the best Velcro on the market and has proven it for decades. Think of how long a pair of Buck wrap pads last ...... this is the same materials used on the saddle. The segmented bridge is a different and unique system and the jumping was taken into account. It smooths out quite nicely after break in. Many other feed backs have been taken into account as well and the saddles seen at expo are not our final production run. The lower leg adjustments and many other concerns have been taken into account. Last thing, as far as it being the BUCK OG. It sure is, Made in the USA and if you break the suspension down and look it is the same master suspension trusted by thousands of arborists for Decades with a fresh and modern look. Now that I'm aware of this thread I will check regularly to answer as many questions as I can !!!!! Climb safe and dont hesitate to throw it out there. The only way we can get better at anything is to learn from all points of views!!!! I learned a very long time ago "if you think you are the smartest guy in the room...... you are in the wrong room" that being said I'm here to take feed back and take it serious as a heart attack

-Jamie

Jamie0584

Looks like Velcro at the leg straps... and otherwise it’s a TreeMotion Evo clone.
Wonder how the rigidity of the leg straps is.

If I was trying to sell saddles I’d probably copy it too. Edelrid has one on the way I think but with adjustable bridge. We’ll probably see the same options with some tweaks from Weaver and New Tribe soon.

The masses have spoken, real size lower Ds to put that lanyard pressure more on the lower hips/butt and off the waist and upper hips while still leaving the option in place. Massive storage option loops similar to MOLLE gear is a no brainer, who wouldn’t want that?
The bridge on the Agility is an adjustable bridge as well one of the features of the sewn pockets, capture on the outside of the paw for simple non mechanical adjustments easily made mid climb

Jamie0584

The lower D has been redesigned to accept just about any hardware on the market. It is a full forward D around the traditional 3 hole dog paw

Jamie0584

The segmented bridge doesn’t move smoothly. The stitches cause the ring to “jump” between soft sections.
The bridge has a certain amount of break in just like anything else. I think you'll find that we thought this out and used ropes that would accommodate this issue. Its really broken in after the first climb depending on intensity

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom