New Buckingham saddle coming out at TCIA?

Jonny

Curious to see it, I’ve always liked Buckingham gear, usually really durable construction.

Bet there’s gonna be big forward lower Ds, more like real Ds with more area to run a lanyard then the rigging plates on Ergovation.
That and double rope bridge secured with double overhands and oodles of storage.

I guess my prediction is it’s gonna be a TreeMotion Evo but made by Buckingham lol.

dsptech

Curious to see it, I’ve always liked Buckingham gear, usually really durable construction.

Bet there’s gonna be big forward lower Ds, more like real Ds with more area to run a lanyard then the rigging plates on Ergovation.
That and double rope bridge secured with double overhands and oodles of storage.

I guess my prediction is it’s gonna be a TreeMotion Evo but made by Buckingham lol.
Not to mention it will cost around $1200.00

Crimsonking

I got to try it on at the show. I don’t remember the lower d’s, but the rest of the belt is memorable. It is very adjustable, but was a pain to do so. A lot of Velcro, a lot of straps. The buckle/strap configuration wasn’t very easy to use, either. It was wide and comfy, but seemed like it will be sweatier than others in the summer. Also, it was heavy.

Obviously I wasn’t impressed, but some will enjoy it, I’m sure.

JeffGu

Yeah, sawdust, bark powder and dirt in the tree make velcro a bad idea. I don't mind it on my CF Gecko climbers... the wide straps and better velcro seem to deal with it ok, I just use a stiff brush (like a kitchen vegetable brush or pot scrubber brush) to clean the velcro up when I take them off. But, on a saddle? I can't see that as being a good idea.

rico

H
Yeah, sawdust, bark powder and dirt in the tree make velcro a bad idea. I don't mind it on my CF Gecko climbers... the wide straps and better velcro seem to deal with it ok, I just use a stiff brush (like a kitchen vegetable brush or pot scrubber brush) to clean the velcro up when I take them off. But, on a saddle? I can't see that as being a good idea.
How do you like your CF Geckos Jeff? Are they the latest version?

Jonny

If the Velcro is just for stowing excess strap like on a Cougar you’ll probably adjust it once then forget it’s there for the rest of it’s life.

If Velcro adjustments are needed every time you don it, yeah screw that.

JeffGu

Are they the latest version?
I love those climbers! The latest version has adjustable shanks... mine are the fixed length ones. I got the 19" ones and they are perfect for me. I've got 2 sets of the damn things because I got the 2nd set for half price. That's actually nice, because I set them up differently. I have 2 sets of the tree spurs, a set of pole spurs, and a set of the Euro spurs. I leave one set of climbers set up with the Euro gaffs (I find them to be the most comfy and useful) and keep the other set of climbers set up with either tree spurs or pole spurs, depending on what I think I'll need.

Most of the time, I have the extra set with pole spurs, because I only need the tree ones for cottonwoods and sometimes elms. Everything else, the Euro or pole spurs work better.

Both sets of climbers have velcro straps, both upper and lower. I actually like them. Fast to put on and they don't dig into my feet. I've never had any trouble with them loosening up.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I love those climbers! The latest version has adjustable shanks... mine are the fixed length ones. I got the 19" ones and they are perfect for me. I've got 2 sets of the damn things because I got the 2nd set for half price. That's actually nice, because I set them up differently. I have 2 sets of the tree spurs, a set of pole spurs, and a set of the Euro spurs. I leave one set of climbers set up with the Euro gaffs (I find them to be the most comfy and useful) and keep the other set of climbers set up with either tree spurs or pole spurs, depending on what I think I'll need.

Most of the time, I have the extra set with pole spurs, because I only need the tree ones for cottonwoods and sometimes elms. Everything else, the Euro or pole spurs work better.

Both sets of climbers have velcro straps, both upper and lower. I actually like them. Fast to put on and they don't dig into my feet. I've never had any trouble with them loosening up.
My issue with the lowers has been the velcro peeling open as I climb and they rub stuff. I also don't clean out my velcro, so they probably don't stick as well as they should.

Jonny

Looks like Velcro at the leg straps... and otherwise it’s a TreeMotion Evo clone.
Wonder how the rigidity of the leg straps is.

If I was trying to sell saddles I’d probably copy it too. Edelrid has one on the way I think but with adjustable bridge. We’ll probably see the same options with some tweaks from Weaver and New Tribe soon.

The masses have spoken, real size lower Ds to put that lanyard pressure more on the lower hips/butt and off the waist and upper hips while still leaving the option in place. Massive storage option loops similar to MOLLE gear is a no brainer, who wouldn’t want that?

jeff2423

Looks like Velcro at the leg straps... and otherwise it’s a TreeMotion Evo clone.
Wonder how the rigidity of the leg straps is.

If I was trying to sell saddles I’d probably copy it too. Edelrid has one on the way I think but with adjustable bridge. We’ll probably see the same options with some tweaks from Weaver and New Tribe soon.

The masses have spoken, real size lower Ds to put that lanyard pressure more on the lower hips/butt and off the waist and upper hips while still leaving the option in place. Massive storage option loops similar to MOLLE gear is a no brainer, who wouldn’t want that?
How do you figure this is a copy of the treemotion lol. segmented adjustable bridge, fully articulating leg pads, independent leg suspension, completely redesigned lower d section? i would bet the treemotion wouldnt even come close to touching this comfort wise? nooo....this is not a treemotion clone lol

Crimsonking

How do you figure this is a copy of the treemotion lol. segmented adjustable bridge, fully articulating leg pads, independent leg suspension, completely redesigned lower d section? i would bet the treemotion wouldnt even come close to touching this comfort wise? nooo....this is not a treemotion clone lol
I believe the point was Buckingham catching up to modern designs. My brief opportunity to hang in the Agility showed me that, yes, it is comfortable. However, functionally it still has some catching up to do. Awkward adjustments, “innovative” improvements (stitched double bridge) that will infuriate most of us who are accustomed to high end modern saddles, frustrating buckles, and bulk keep it from being a front runner. I’m sure it will find traction in line clearance and among climbers still using heavier, bulkier gear that lacks comfort.

jeff2423

I believe the point was Buckingham catching up to modern designs. My brief opportunity to hang in the Agility showed me that, yes, it is comfortable. However, functionally it still has some catching up to do. Awkward adjustments, “innovative” improvements (stitched double bridge) that will infuriate most of us who are accustomed to high end modern saddles, frustrating buckles, and bulk keep it from being a front runner. I’m sure it will find traction in line clearance and among climbers still using heavier, bulkier gear that lacks comfort.
sure i here you on some of the adjustments but im not aware of the TreeMotion being extremely easy to adjust either and the thing doesnt even stay in adjustment. Hang a saw off the treemotion and boom the thing starts to sag. I believe the point of the velcro on this saddle is to keep the adjustment and for only needing to adjust the thing once, also not sure why the segmented bridge would bother you it seems to just be there for more attachment options and adjusting the length of the bridge. Also not sure how those quick connects are frustrating, i do find the ones on treemotion frustrating however. fyi i own a Treemotion and will prolly buy this and compare. I will share when i can get my hands on it.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom