New Buckingham saddle coming out at TCIA?

Aldegar

The production bridge is going to be a little longer, also the idea was to keep it low and keep the climber centered and more over the rope, the pockets all have to break at astm standards so no shock absorbing in the bridge
Any updates or fresh pics of the production model? It's between this and a MB for a new saddle and without any real hands on it's a difficult choice.

rico

It appears that the green webbing on the leg pad controls the tightnesss of the legs pad on the thigh while the black webbing appears to control the adjustability of the suspension between the leg pads and the rigging plates. If these adjustments are completely independent from each other then this saddle has just separated itself from most of the competition. Kudos.....

Last edited:

Crimsonking

I’m glad they differentiated the clip strap from the adjustment straps. The first model I saw was a bit dizzying with three black straps on each leg.

Alejandro Concolor

Any questions I can help with?
Just got received it yesterday! Yeehaw!
Perhaps there is. Regarding intention; with the 2 black straps on either leg, was the intention to loosen them each time you take the harness on/off, or just set it once and leave?
Also, on the front of the harness there are 4 diddy rings- 2 up and 2 down- are the downward diddies intended for a saw lanyard snap? For if someone didn’t have a shembiner or something with connector. And do you think the carabiner tunnels behind the Lateral D-rings will accommodate a large shembiner or transPORTER? They seem pretty tight, but I am sure they will wear in.
I’ve only worn it in the house. Excited to have finally received it. Been anticipating this one.

Jamie0584

Perhaps there is. Regarding intention; with the 2 black straps on either leg, was the intention to loosen them each time you take the harness on/off, or just set it once and leave?
Also, on the front of the harness there are 4 diddy rings- 2 up and 2 down- are the downward diddies intended for a saw lanyard snap? For if someone didn’t have a shembiner or something with connector. And do you think the carabiner tunnels behind the Lateral D-rings will accommodate a large shembiner or transPORTER? They seem pretty tight, but I am sure they will wear in.
I’ve only worn it in the house. Excited to have finally received it. Been anticipating this one.
Those tunnels are designed to hold transporters.
The black leg straps are made to be set to fit and be left unless there is some difficulty due to boot size or changing between chainsaw and regular pants. The tunnels are designed to fit just about any carrier on the market, just make sure that the upper suspension strap stays free of the carrier not clamped in as it will be difficult to clamp all that material. I've attached pictures. The lower diddy rings are just an extra spot for a quick rack of something to keep it accessible. The uppers and rings in back are for an integrated chest harness/suspender system we are currently finishing up. 20200327_081119.jpg 20200327_081119.jpg 20200327_081119.jpg 20200327_081104.jpg

Attachments

Jamie0584

ah, I didn’t notice there were 2 tunnels on each side. That’s nice.
so where to clip a saw leash? Would you just clip the dog snap to a transporter/vault, or one of the nylon loops in the back of the harness? What would you do?
You'll notice there is a small black loop next to the green loop that's the spot ;), I was really hoping someone would ask one day lol

Alejandro Concolor

You'll notice there is a small black loop next to the green loop that's the spot ;), I was really hoping someone would ask one day lol
Nice. Yeah, I’ve been waiting since the EXPO to get this thing. Now just gotta let this snow/rain pass so I can go outside and hang in this bad boy.
do you think the Hook n Loop will stand the test of time? Like, after 3 or 4 years is all the chip-throw gonna get mashed in there and prevent a solid connection.
Im hoping to throw the weaver elastic suspenders on here. Looks like it would line up right.

Jamie0584

Nice. Yeah, I’ve been waiting since the EXPO to get this thing. Now just gotta let this snow/rain pass so I can go outside and hang in this bad boy.
do you think the Hook n Loop will stand the test of time? Like, after 3 or 4 years is all the chip-throw gonna get mashed in there and prevent a solid connection.
Im hoping to throw the weaver elastic suspenders on here. Looks like it would line up right.
The hook and loop is the same that they use on all the climbers, and your climbers see alot more dust than your saddle does, and those Buck wrap pad last a very long time, you'll also notice on the waist band a small piece of loop on the same side as the hook, fold the hook back and stick there so it does grab everything in you bag :)

Greg_L

I like that the focus seems to have been on allowing for tool carriers rather than going nuts with gear loops. I love my newest-gen Sequoia, but I actually had to cut off several of the gear loops because they're all over the tool carrier tunnels. How many separate gear loops does one really need, after all?

I'm intrigued...looks like you've done your homework. Looking forward to some reviews.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom