Mini Skids

Coen

Yeah, that would be nice. I have an mt 52 with a root grapple which I love but it's just limited in so many ways. I doubt if I will find the perfect tool, but I think the 420 or 528 might be as close as I get. The mt 52 is like my wallet, cell phone, glasses, and keys; in that when I don't have it, I'm mad at myself.

climbhightree

That'd be nice...were one in the mini lifting biz
Small enough to fit on a single axle trailer with a 38 hp mini tracked stumper.

Wait...I have one...it is a Dingo. Yesterday after a week of snow and rain... That is my house caddy corner fwiw. View attachment 28900 View attachment 28901

What is the payload capacity on your trailer? It looks like a lowes special, and I cant imagine you are not over weight on it. Stump weights 1750 and lightest dingo is 1882.

I want to get a Cam Am tilt trailer (single axle) for this reason...they have a payload of 5,000 lbs
6x12tilt.png

climbhightree

Wouldn't it be nice where ever you go with your mini, you always also have a 38hp tracked mini on a little single axle trailer as well? We did above 30" dbh ash's stump in about 15 mins. Here it is on another challenging stump. View attachment 28903

Been there before, but flower bed was lower then the wall so I had to build a bridge completely over the wall to get to the stump. It is why I love this work, every job is different.

treevet

What is the payload capacity on your trailer? It looks like a lowes special, and I cant imagine you are not over weight on it. Stump weights 1750 and lightest dingo is 1882.

I want to get a Cam Am tilt trailer (single axle) for this reason...they have a payload of 5,000 lbs
6x12tilt.png

It is a PJ Trailer. Cap. 35 hundred. Dingo is about 2k and stumper is around 17 hundred. Tad over but I'd never spend the kind of money you will drop on that thing which doesn't look wide enough to carry my 2 units. You got to ration your money son. Then you can splurge on stuff like a ported $1700. ms 461 or a Wraptor, etc.

climbhightree

Doesnt the trailer weigh about a 1000lbs? So you have to subtract that off the 35 hundred first.

It is a 6'x12' trailer, but I hear you on the cost...hence why I don't have one already. My stump grinder weighs around 3,500 by itself, so the PJ wouldn't cut it.

treevet

prob the best choice for a single axle trailer for you then Climbhi. Looks like a well made unit.

I started running my trailer with the stx26 and it was fine but IS stretching it a bit for what I have now but I put some 10- ply s on it and it has been just fine for daily use for a year now.

I also like the fact that when I drop the trailer with no units on it I can spin it around or move it by hand. I have a 2 axle trailer too for when I want to take a number of attachments and both units.

jim454

Me and a bud just built this, it's a 4'x10' and made specifically for hauling my mini's. Axel was a 3500 gvw that was 6' wide. We had to cut it down to size and reweld it. Quite the process to get axel set up for welding. _20141127_211256.JPG

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom