Mini Skids

Lumberjack

Where were you that had an experienced Vermeer operator and an experienced BMG operator? I've never been around such an occurrence, only myself vs Vermeer salesmen, which didn't end in their favor.

One valid point is that the BMG isn't well suited for grabbing 36" or larger logs, due to its geometry. 30" is rarely an issue, but getting above that starts getting slippery.

jim454

I've been running BMG's since they first rolled onto the market. I'm currently running the second generation BMG. I've mounted them to 3 different mini's, a Dingo, Thomas and Gehl. Never once have I had an issue with big wood "falling out" of the grapple. It'll either lift the piece or it won't.

Treetopflyer

If its not able to fit through a 36 inch opening can it really be called a mini? How about " close to mini"CTM loader or "almost mini" AM loader? Maybe I'll go the other way with it and if it under 36" its a "super mini" SM loader. How bout boys ,make it as confusing to some as rope configuration nomenclature!

Last edited:

Coen

I've been planning on getting an avant 420 or the gehl 140 in the spring; depending on what is going on with the 140. Anyway, I've noticed, maybe I'm wrong, that dealers are having a hard time getting rid of avant 528's. I'm thinking real hard about grabbing one. Any reasons why I shouldn't would be appreciated.

treevet

The 900hd should be able to lift any of the minis in the Toro lineup..

That'd be nice...were one in the mini lifting biz

I want a nice responsive mini with the easiest of controls, quickly responsive with plenty of pumps/pump power that is light enough so as to be easy on a non rock hard lawn that has golf course quality grass, and can spin around 360 with a thousand pound log in the grapple on a 4'X4' single piece of plywood, diesel power and easy to maintain and do basic repairs on. Easily use multiple attachments like hyd. forks, grapple, 30" auger, snow plow, wood splitter, etc. etc. Small enough to fit on a single axle trailer with a 38 hp mini tracked stumper.

Wait...I have one...it is a Dingo. Yesterday after a week of snow and rain... That is my house caddy corner fwiw. DSCF1743.JPG DSCF1745.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1745.JPG
    DSCF1745.JPG
    799.8 KB · Views: 15

treevet

Wouldn't it be nice where ever you go with your mini, you always also have a 38hp tracked mini on a little single axle trailer as well? We did above 30" dbh ash's stump in about 15 mins. Here it is on another challenging stump. 1907665_733134836744593_4905540620666445744_n.jpg

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom