Lanyard adjuster

Jehinten

Am I crazy or did there used to be an e2e chest harness attachment point for the HH? I mrs on my lanyard all the time, and want a tiny e2e to pair with an ART positioner to mrs instead of clipping back to the becket on my pinto.
Different suppliers carried different tending devices for the HH2. I believe that one was sold by treestuff but is no longer listed on their site.

The times that I create a MRS with my positioner I clip the end back to the carabiner going through the positioner. It works well, but be sure to clip in on the spine side and not the gate as it can catch on the gate if there's any slack in the system.

Reactions: CjM

evo

It would not be too hard to make a DIY version of this thing for smaller rope using, say, 1/2 x 1 inch aluminium flatbar and the side plates off big roller chain links. The holes for the rope could be any size needed. One would want to chamfer or round over the edges of the holes, to be rope friendly. It is getting to be that time of year, anyway, for indoor projects in the shop.
Heavy walled square tubing. Oval hole drilled at a angle.

brydan

But... a Hipster designed for 9-11mm lines would be cool as a straight-thru path Hook line adjuster. It's worth asking Thompson about building one, potentially a decent market for all the Hook users out there and for folks who like 9-11mm lines for their lanyards.
It seems like there would be a decent market for Arborist style multicenders in other disciplines that use smaller rope diameters. I'd be all over a 9mm compatible device.

Cereal_Killer

I bought it for hitch cord, but found out saddlehunters use it for lanyards and a rappel line.
Take saddle hunters retailers ideas with a grain of salt man. I have a buddy who's super into it and was showing me his gear he purchased from a saddle hunting specific vendor. So unsafe it made me cringe and I immediately took it apart and retied: a double fisherman's loop with absolutely ZERO tail coming out of either end of the double fisherman's! The ends were hot knifed / burned even with the knot, almost down inside the knot as they do with their bow release D loops.
I could not believe it came from a reputable (in that field) vendor. I asked him to send me pics of all new gear he gets before using it from now on...

Tl;Dr saddle hunting vendors may not be a good place to get ideas from if they can't handle basics like making a safe double fisherman's loop.

Brocky

I’ve recently have been viewing a saddlehunters forum, and you’re right a lot of dangerous ideas floating around. Someone was wondering about using 6mm accessory as a bridge! They have also made up a lot of different names for gear and rope work, which gets confusing.

How they didn’t use the more alliteratively alluring term of harness hunters is also perplexing!

moss

I’ve recently have been viewing a saddlehunters forum, and you’re right a lot of dangerous ideas floating around. Someone was wondering about using 6mm accessory as a bridge! They have also made up a lot of different names for gear and rope work, which gets confusing.

How they didn’t use the more alliteratively alluring term of harness hunters is also perplexing!

Ha! There is this idea that when people are focused on a particular “activity”, aerial deer hunting for example, that they really don’t want to invest much time, money or energy into what’s keeping them in the tree. That’s a much lower priority than the objective at hand, getting a deer.

Reminds me of the many homeowners I see running saws on their property, no lid, no eye/ear protection, no chaps. It’s because “I’m not a professional so I don’t need all that expensive crap”. Likewise the deer hunter on a 6mm harness bridge. It’s a classic human failure of logic and prioritization.
-AJ

Njdelaney

How about Hovering Harness Harvester?

Brocky

Ha! There is this idea that when people are focused on a particular “activity”, aerial deer hunting for example, that they really don’t want to invest much time, money or energy into what’s keeping them in the tree. That’s a much lower priority than the objective at hand, getting a deer.

Reminds me of the many homeowners I see running saws on their property, no lid, no eye/ear protection, no chaps. It’s because “I’m not a professional so I don’t need all that expensive crap”. Likewise the deer hunter on a 6mm harness bridge. It’s a classic human failure of logic and prioritization.
-AJ
Not treating trees ethically is also widespread, spurs, screw in steps, clear cutting up to hunting spot, etc.

brydan

Believe it or not it's better now than it was ~8 yrs ago when I first started using my work kit to hunt. The stuff guys were doing would make your hair curl. Try to help keep them from killing themselves and get shouted at by a mob climbimg on wire gate carabiners.

I walked away from those forums when some self proclaimed rescue expert was advocating DdRT on 5mm cord!!

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer

I'd rock a 6mm nylon bridge for a two month season and change it every year.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
No, not that one, NER Tech cord has Technora core! There are other choices in 6mm and under cords, some with Technora covers.
Wait, but do hunters give the flexing that destroys technora? I don't picture it being as big of an ordeal. I bet a month of hunting doesn't have as much pivoting as a few days of production climbing.

moss

No, not that one, NER Tech cord has Technora core! There are other choices in 6mm and under cords, some with Technora covers.
Oh damn! I’m cut-off, double triple probation, no more advice given for two weeks, plus must perform 6 hours of remedial reading and will write 100x on the chalkboard: “I will not recommend subjecting certain high modulus fibers to repeat flexing under load for life support applications!” Wow!
-AJ

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom