Lanyard adjuster

Cereal_Killer

That also appears to have Allen head screws instead of rivets so maybe a prototype?
Just got a reply back from Morgan, yes it's a prototype but it's definitely happening. No time line given other than "it'll be a bit before production".

Per insta a large dmm focus fits

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201108-214000_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108-214000_Instagram.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46

Njdelaney

Just used my Hipster for the first time in a work context. I have it on a 13' lanyard of Blue Moon. I can say that it released very abruptly under load unless I grabbed the rope below the hipster with my middle and ring fingers while depressing the tab with my thumb. This works just fine but presents the possibility of a glove getting sucked up into the device from below. It is extremely light and compact though which is great. This is only the first of many uses so not drawing any conclusions yet.

Cereal_Killer

I find exactly the opposite, place my middle finger between the two tabs to keep them consistently spaced then actuate the upper tab with my index finger to lower.
Running 11.7 Yale, what rope do you guys have it on?

Tuebor

Has anyone tried the Hipster on drenaLINE? Nicked mine about 30' from the eye, so time to chop it up.

Cereal_Killer

DrenaLINE's a kernmantle right? I wouldn't expect it to work well. It'll hold ya but release will be jerky. I gave up on kernmantle right away. The guys I talk to on IG all saw the same thing, really gotta run it on a doublebraid for acceptable performance. The softer hand the better.

Christrees

Not quite right, the braid in back needs to be a twist. The way you show might work, but I think after a few cycles of up and down it will start to tighten up. The hitch on the right shows the twist before the eyes are put through the ring. Another tip is it needs firm cord that stays round.
View attachment 58946
The overhand works best stretched out a bit, so an oval works best with that hitch. This one is much easier to tie and adjust.
Hey brocky. Can you send me some pics of these hitches. But something relatively easy to tie.? I want to try some out. 1 for srt . And 1 for ddrt. Maybe 1 i could still use with a triple attachment pulley? Idk but i only have 1 small aluminum right that look like a ring youd wear. More flat im trying to say. And i have a larage and small steel ring. I need to get some aluminum ones. Plus the large dmm on my evo.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom