Husky T540I XP

Sfoppema

Looks unbelievable. I have the 535i or whatever it is husky battery saw and love it. It's not so good for bigger cuts, but the t540i looks like it handles it no problem. Trying to buy one presently. Not sure how long it will take my local dealer to get them. Can't wait to get my hands on one!

Merle Nelson

My
Looks unbelievable. I have the 535i or whatever it is husky battery saw and love it. It's not so good for bigger cuts, but the t540i looks like it handles it no problem. Trying to buy one presently. Not sure how long it will take my local dealer to get them. Can't wait to get my hands on one!
[/QUOTE

My Husky dealer said the new production saws will be in by end of the month.
T540i XP looks like it handles 8 to 12 inch cuts well, battery 200 Li X is part of what delivered that level of cutting power - previous batteries will function, BL150 (?) charger is supposed to charge 50% faster.

ATH

Email today:
"Impressive power and precision, coming next week!
We know you're as excited as we are about the arrival of our new T540i XP® and 540i XP® battery powered chainsaws! It's why you're one of the first to know that they will be arriving at a dealer near you starting next week.

With a cutting capacity on par with a gas 40cc counterpart, their ease of maneuverability and being IPX4 classified, these chainsaws will have you more than prepared for the coming season.
"

Merle Nelson

Timed the battery on bucking a 16 inch dia pine. 12 minutes of cut time, one after another. Doesn't seem like much till you feel this thing slice through rounds that big like butter. For trims where the cuts are mostly 4 inches and less this thing is going to be amazing.

The chain is thin for a narrow kerf but they went with longer links.

Couple of ergonomic points to get used to.

Merle Nelson

I should have counted. I was doing smaller donuts - 10 inches and up to 12 inches long so I could lift them up over my chip full four foot truck doors. I cut 8 or 10 pieces out of the top I had on the ground then felled the tree then started cutting donuts. I would say ten to twelve of the big pieces.

Reactions: ATH

KevinRay

Good news about the saw. I will be need to drop several bills to get started but know it will be worth it. I run a 18" 550 xp markII for medium to large removals. The struggle to find local saw shops to resolve my 540xp gas saw will speed this purchase up.

What battery series did you get? Bli 200 or 300
Which charger too? QC330 or 500

Merle Nelson

Bli 200X the high output modest size. 300 evidently gives saw full power too. Also 500 charger which charges 50% faster.

FatMax Toolbox - 28 inch is a sturdy plastic you can stand or sit on and it holds two saws, four batts, and a charger.

Merle Nelson

Welcome to TreeBuzz LCT. That is a great visual of how incredible the 540i is for fast for all of us to see. I am now looking forward to them putting the same tech into the power pole saw.

I used the T540i for pruning last week and made it to lunch with one battery. (Light on the cuts and used the battery pole saw a bunch too.)

I think it is the first trim saw I will grab from now on unless there is a reason not to, it's very pleasant to run.

Things a person could complain about: The ergonomics feel a little different on the handlebar, the grip safety in the pistol grip takes a different motion to engage than one would expect. Those just take a little getting used to.

L.C.T

Welcome to TreeBuzz LCT. That is a great visual of how incredible the 540i is for fast for all of us to see. I am now looking forward to them putting the same tech into the power pole saw.

I used the T540i for pruning last week and made it to lunch with one battery. (Light on the cuts and used the battery pole saw a bunch too.)

I think it is the first trim saw I will grab from now on unless there is a reason not to, it's very pleasant to run.

Things a person could complain about: The ergonomics feel a little different on the handlebar, the grip safety in the pistol grip takes a different motion to engage than one would expect. Those just take a little getting used to.
Yes, agreed about the trigger although the fact I don't have to pull it over to start it is enough for me!

Merle Nelson

I was putting that up for those that haven't had the pleasure of using one yet LCT.

Someone somewhere said it won't bore cut.......well.......my results were different than that. It bores better than any saw I've run bar none.

L.C.T

I was putting that up for those that haven't had the pleasure of using one yet LCT.

Someone somewhere said it won't bore cut.......well.......my results were different than that. It bores better than any saw I've run bar none.
Yes I also agree, it's great at bores although continually bore cutting - I don't know why you would - will drain the battery faster than standard cross cutting.

Merle Nelson

Yeah, I was thinking why? When I realized I had not tried it yet. But.....I must have had a call for it with my previous T536, or whatever, as I knew it almost refused to.

I think I had only done it a couple of times in a few years of usage.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom