Husky T540I XP

arborandearth

I have the T536 and love it. It is our go to for pruning and early morning work at apartments.

My only beef is plunge cuts and cutting over 6" hardwood.

I've watched the videos of the 540 and the motor is significantly larger and cut tests show it is very quick...and if the tests are accurate, quicker than the gas powered saw.

I dont know why they (Husk) would stage them because as soon as an alternate source could prove otherwise, it will be all over youtube and forums used by us.

I will def be purchasing one in the near future

Merle Nelson

Yes, that is my general thinking. I have two T536I and it looks like one is going to chipper duty and a 540 will be my new Batt saw.......maybe my new main pruning saw.

arborandearth

My wife says she hates it when I'm home cuzz I spend too much money.
Tell me about it - With a bit more extra time (fewer estimates and 9 am start times), I've been up late searching the web for the perfect Isuzu switch n go trucks, looking at up-equip lifts, combing equipment traders and dealers for the best 12" chipper, designing the perfect shop with a "training center". In reality, that's all part of the 5 year plan if sales go back to normal. And wont be happening anytime soon. But, a boy needs to fantasize.

Merle Nelson

Thanks for putting that video up Tree Lady. I wasn't aware of something mentioned in the vid - that there was a previous Echo battery offering. That looks nice in the 2511 weight class.

Welcome to TreeBuzz by the way.

arborandearth

I'm a big fan of echo products for their durability, light weight, price point, and ease to maintain and work on ...blowers, hedgers, climb saws, and multi attach tools have been very solid for us. But, it will be hard to get me away from the Husky battery line now that I've invested in the platform.

Merle Nelson

Ditto. Top handles, power polesaw, hedger, blower for my wife.

Now this T540I XP looks like a powerhouse in the direct competition vids. And, my top handles, whether they are 535 or 536 or whatever sure won't go through bigger wood (12" ?) like what I see the 540 doing. If they perform like I am seeing I would want to start using that a lot for bigger pruning too.

Merle Nelson

My dealer was very proactive in checking and calling me back. He said the rep says they will be available in August of this year in the states. Then he said, "Which means January."

He also was suspicious of my thoughts they would have more batt running time. Came back with that the 200X battery for it has same Ah as the 200 sold today.

He also told me they have had some of the current generation of bigger batteries (300?) splitting the cases because it hangs out the side of the saw more. Guess I won't be tempted to get any of those batts.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom