How does Coronavirus COVID-19 alter our workflow?

ppsavage

possibly. But, trying to be objective- China has 1.4 Billion people and not even 4k deaths. USA has about 330 Million people and already almost 13k dead. How are we fucking this up so bad in comparison?

ppsavage

Also, apparently most people who end up on a ventilator die anyways so what is all the fuss about ventilators?

Merle Nelson

You might want to google China cover up of actual dead. Or number of "urns" for the dead.

There are indications the numbers were drastically understated.

"The Epoc Times" is a publication that I keep getting online adds for. But I believe they got out some better info. Also "China Uncensored."

rico

I have a feeling you would probably say that no matter what.
Actually I would have loved to have seen Donald rise to this occasion and showed us some leadership, but sadly he didn't... The worst preparedness and response in the world, which is resulting in the worst outcome in the world (which were are beginning to hear are under-inflated)... How is that even possible? Were America for god sake. Stuff like this doesn't happen here. Now we need to ask ourselves why?

ppsavage

You might want to google China cover up of actual dead. Or number of "urns" for the dead.

There are indications the numbers were drastically understated.

"The Epoc Times" is a publication that I keep getting online adds for. But I believe they got out some better info. Also "China Uncensored."
I did a quick google for "actual numbers" and didn't get much other than the US intelligencia thinks China is lying, which seems entirely likely. I still maintain the opinion that our response has been haphazard, unorganized and confusing, also politically polarizing. As the so called greatest and richest nation in the world, with all of our resources this is the best we can do? It's kinda shameful in my opinion.

Treezybreez

Actually I would have loved to have seen Donald rise to this occasion and showed us some leadership, but sadly he didn't... The worst preparedness and response in the world, which is resulting in the worst outcome in the world (which were are beginning to hear are under-inflated)... How is that even possible? Were America for god sake. Stuff like this doesn't happen here. Now we need to ask ourselves why?
So what exactly do you think that the President should have done differently? He got a lot of flak for trying to prevent flights from China and afterwards they said he should have done it sooner.

colb

Making the rounds on Facebook is the meme that our response to the coronavirus in the U.S. is like that of the Ministry of Magic responding to the return of Voldemort... When I read that, it was definitely one of those moments when understanding settled in...

rico

And while much of the wold was trying to deal with this deadly virus, and places like Taiwan (borders China) were having amazing success-

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/16/taiwan-china-fear-coronavirus-success/

Back in the good old USA we got a daily dose of this fucking nonsense-

Instead of spewing lies and disinformation Donny probably should have been getting his shit together and making sure we as a nation had everything we needed to deal with this deadly pandemic. Nope. The mutherfucker couldn't be bothered to even start mass sourcing the essential materials we need to stay alive until mid march... Hell, we were already dying by then... Oops..

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/5/21208802/coronavirus-trump-ventilators-masks-march

rico

Thanks JD... I realize that Taiwan is an island off the coast of southern China... Poor choice of words on my part but I think the point was made. They are in China's backyard yet through solid leadership, science, and a thoughtful response to Covid, they have seen amazing results.

climbingmonkey24

If you look at the facts, many other countries have been “locked down” implementing social distancing and they are getting it somewhat under control and trying very slowly and gradually to return to some sort of normal of way of life but being careful not to rush things and risk further spread. Nobody has near the cases we do.

We are on track to be over 500k cases before the end of the week if it keeps increasing like it is and they’re talking about wanting to end the social distancing measures and have a “big celebration” in certain terms even though Dr. Fauci, the lead expert on infectious diseases and an actual Dr. and scientist keeps saying it’s way too early to be declaring victory over a virus that hasn’t even reached it’s peak.

You open things up again too soon, things could get ten times worse and in the long run do more harm than a couple months of social distancing. In my opinion.

Even so, we had the biggest warning about this as we watched it spreading overseas. More could’ve been done.

You don’t wait until until the branch is already falling to try and put a rope in it to prevent it from falling.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom