How does Coronavirus COVID-19 alter our workflow?

Bucknut

First things first, but when this is over Americans must demand drastic changes to the way we deal with China. I am generally in favor of free trade, but we have become too reliant on a hostile power for too many ABSOLUTE necessities. Masks and medicine come to mind. If China halted exports of penicillin or its raw ingredients we would be forced to go to war. They have near total control of the supply. We have been so stupid for so long. Both parties.

Article from Sept. of 2019 (if only they knew what lay ahead):

Njdelaney

I firmly believe nurses expected to work without proper PPE should walk out of the hospitals in mass. Phone all the media outlets and post on social media as people are dying if need be, while they stand across the road ready to go back to work with proper tools.

All of America should come in behind them. All manufacturing that could be re-purposed should be. If we over do it at first and waste some money, so be it. These are some of our brightest, best, and most dedicated. Many/most would do anything they could for us if we were lying there on the bed.
Glad to hear this. I needed some clarification on your meaning and this is what I hoped you meant.

evo

Here in Washington state the newer information is indicating we are only allowed to work imminent threatening hazards. They threw in a bunch of bogus nursery terms, such as ‘spoliation of greenery’. If we take the unemployment route how can we respond to valid hazards? Who decides imminent?

Beyond that there is now a reporting hotline for calling the government on potential violations. Granted it’s a stepped measure but can ultimately result in revocation of business licenses and criminal citations.

Now I can rationalize fruit tree sanitation pruning as spoliation, or under the ag clause, I can even rationalize fine pruning of Japanese maples. But now that we have to deal with the cops being called out when we are doing legit hazard work it’s all too much, due to the lack of leadership. Our industry has once again fallen through the cracks.

I can chip brush in the Forest, calling it fire mitigation...

climbingmonkey24

Or maybe our federal government could have done their fucking job and we wouldn't be talking about even a measly 200,000 dead American?
When this thing was spreading overseas it was evident we may have a problem. Could have been taking more action back in January / February to get more prepared. We went from a couple hundred reported cases to over a hundred thousand in around 2-3 weeks, the most in the world.

benfuest

First things first, but when this is over Americans must demand drastic changes to the way we deal with China. I am generally in favor of free trade, but we have become too reliant on a hostile power for too many ABSOLUTE necessities. Masks and medicine come to mind. If China halted exports of penicillin or its raw ingredients we would be forced to go to war. They have near total control of the supply. We have been so stupid for so long. Both parties.

Article from Sept. of 2019 (if only they knew what lay ahead):

Forced to go to war!!!! WTF.

ghostice

And then under the category of "Unfortunate names for your business", there's the poor folks at Corona Village 1810 2nd St, Cheney, WA 99004, United States - name change for the restaurant maybe planned for the future (good restaurant by the way)? Ouch!

JeffGu

Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly has submitted his resignation a day after leaked audio revealed he called the ousted commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt "stupid" in an address to the ship's crew, according to a US official and a former senior military official.

Wait... he calls Crozier stupid, because his letter got leaked... then audio of him calling Crozier stupid gets leaked, and he has to resign... you can hear the ship's crew saying "WTF??" when he calls the captain stupid... man, that's a lot of stupid floating around. And, of course, the Navy says Crozier was exagerating the danger of Covid-19 on the ship, but the cases aboard keep going up, and even Crozier himself ends up with it...

The writers of history books are going to be damn busy, before this is over.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom