Fu*%face Von Clownstick

JeffGu

Since umbrellas got mentioned... the infamous Umbrella Man has been identified!
----------------------
According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the man is a member of the Hell’s Angels bike gang and a smaller white supremacist gang called the Aryan Cowboy Brotherhood. The police warrant noted the man in the video “wanted to sow discord and racial unrest by breaking out the windows and writing what he did on the double red doors.”
----------------------
I can't tell you how surprised I am that he wasn't actually a protester.

climbingmonkey24

Buddddd, just stopppp. The point I'm obviously making is why are you SO attached to a topic that has such a low mortality rate
People think this virus is just like the flu and has a low mortality rate and the opposite is true. The total number of cases / deaths is likely MORE than what is actually being reported.

People of all ages and all different health conditions have fallen victim to this virus. Perfectly healthy young people, teenagers, kids, babies, they even reported a dog died from it.

Those other issues you mentioned are important issues that need to be addressed but you can't compare those to an infectious virus that has spread worldwide fairly quickly and is also highly contagious. Two completely separate things.

The situation we are in now is an IMMEDIATE public health crisis that could be a life or death situation for anyone at any age.

SO many people are acting like this is a nothing and are throwing tantrums and even physically harming store workers, etc. over having to wear a mask or social distance and it's a load of BS. Going into a public place / building or a store is a PRIVILEGE not a right. You follow the rules or you get the fuck out. It's not a violation of your rights, it's a business / public space policy.

The amount of selfishness and entitlement some people are displaying through this crisis is absolutely ridiculous. What happened to wanting to do the right thing not just for your own safety and health but that of other people?

climbingmonkey24

We went from hovering between 20k-25k cases per day to now we are having around 60k-70k+ cases per day right now and that’s just what’s reported.

Actually, I heard somewhere a school opened and within hours they had to quarantine people due to testing positive.

A lot of teachers and parents are up in arms about it.

cerviarborist

Very stable member
Footage of yet another trump campaign failure. Bear in mind that this was only 80 miles away from The Villages, where The New York Times states he gets more individual donations than any other zip code in the nation. One would think that since according to his adviser Kellyann Conway "Trump supporters would crawl over broken glass for him.", they might have taken time off from shuffleboard and bridge to come and see him. The camera crew tried to make it look like an enormous crowd, but they inadvertently panned back and showed the actually turnout. Go to 30:17 for the money shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch…

rico

We went from hovering between 20k-25k cases per day to now we are having around 60k-70k+ cases per day right now and that’s just what’s reported.

Actually, I heard somewhere a school opened and within hours they had to quarantine people due to testing positive.

A lot of teachers and parents are up in arms about it.
As someone who has spent much of my adult life married to a school teacher I can tell you that most teachers are not happy about the prospect of having to unnecessarily risk their lives, as well as their loved ones lives, to educate our children. Opening our schools now would be yet another colossal fuckup which would surely lead to prolonging the devastating effects of Covid on America.

Bucknut

CDC disagrees. They are adamantly in favor of re-opening schools. Their website details the many reasons why. (Obviously assuming districts take all necessary and practical precautions).

I get that teachers aren’t thrilled to go back, but at this point the damage done to kids (social, academic, mental health, nutritional) from staying home is too great. No one is happy about working in a pandemic. How about the poor ladies (and lads) working the grocery stores? Tremendous risk, low pay, little or no paid time off. Yet we expect them to be there. If teachers don’t want to go back, fine. Just don’t pay them. Bout a month with no pay tends to work wonders for your viral risk tolerance.

rico

Trump's CDC? Fucking please. Yet another once world-wide respected organization that Trump has turned into the worlds laughing stock. Donny seems to be doing that a lot these days...

We need look no further than what has been happening to summer schools/camps and the new data as to how children carry the virus to KNOW that opening our schools now is a very bad idea.

Luckily my wife works in a very affluent district, and the administration is run by some very smart people who have chosen to start the new school year via remote learning....Sadly it will be the poor who will once again pay the price for yet another stupid idea perpetrated by Trump and his merry band of idiot supporters.

Bucknut

Trump's CDC? Fucking please. Yet another once world-wide respected organization that Trump has turned into the worlds laughing stock.
See, I bashed the CDC many pages ago in this thread (since they neither controlled nor prevented any part of this disease) and was criticized. Now it’s cool to slam them as “Trump’s CDC”. Seems there is an epidemic of only believing the science we agree with these days.

If you wanna bank on some opinions from articles in “livescience.com” or “the-scientist.com” over the CDC that’s cool. Sorta sums up the state of civic debate in America these days. Everybody picks and chooses their own facts. Kinda unavoidable I suppose.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom