Covid Close To You

JD3000

Most well-known member
Anything to report JD? I am gonna be edible very soon and am opting for the single dose J & J...
Fatigue and lots of body aches that evening and for a day or so after. No major fever but it felt like a flu coming on. All good now

evo

Anything to report JD? I am gonna be edible very soon and am opting for the single dose J & J...
Curious.. Why J&J? I got my first pfizer three weeks from april 12 so whenever that was. The nurse doing the shot was super cautious and made me wait for observation beyond the recommended time frame. I mentioned that I ONCE had a crazy dentist who over injected me with lidocaine and I had localized swelling... Only side effects were super mild pins and needles in random locations but I did need a shower.... That and it felt like a sucker punch in my arm starting at the 24 hour mark for two days.

rico

So the J&J is approved for food-grade persons? Or you’re going with the J&J because it will keep people from wanting to eat you? Because I’m not sure who would want to eat such a salty character as you...
I like the fact that the J&J is not one of the new mRNA vaccines. And its one and done.

Reach

I like the fact that the J&J is not one of the new mRNA vaccines. And its one and done.
I like the sound of that too. I am not crazy about the idea of these new mRNA vaccines just yet. And once and done is a very good thing in my opinion as well. I think you missed part of the intent of my post though, commenting on your inadvertent use of the word “edible” instead of the word “eligible.”

rico

I like the sound of that too. I am not crazy about the idea of these new mRNA vaccines just yet. And once and done is a very good thing in my opinion as well. I think you missed part of the intent of my post though, commenting on your inadvertent use of the word “edible” instead of the word “eligible.”
Oh I got the edible eligible part...

And so were clear here.. When you get past my slightly salty exterior you'll find that I taste just like chicken.....

climbingmonkey24

So has anyone heard about this thing called "vaccine passports" they are talking about? Basically some sort of certificate that you have had a vaccine or have prior immunity to enter certain places or venues, possibly even to travel on a plane or cruise, etc. depending on what private businesses decide to do. Not sure how that would go.

I'm not eligible yet for a shot but I'm still a little uneasy about the vaccines.

Bucknut

Not ashamed to admit that I am uneasy as well. My thinking is that normal FDA drug/vaccine approval takes literally years. These vaccines, while possibly miraculous, were developed and pushed into production in about eight or nine months. While they may be effective which is a great thing, they are -by definition- not tested for long-term effects.

For me the risk/reward ratio isn’t there for a disease with a 99.5% survival rate for people under 50. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, just learning and weighing options.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
I got the thick card stock form with both shots. Just name/birthdate/shot dates etc.

I haven't heard a soldi word about any sort of 'vax passport' from any source except the Q portion of the media stirring things up. Maybe I've missed some news from legit sources or health agencies.

Being concerned about your health is important. Being skeptical of vaxs takes some study of sources there is way too much blathering about baseless issues from people who have no knowledge about chemistry.

climbingmonkey24

I’ve heard about it from more legitimate news sources. Quite frankly I don’t even look at the news that much nowadays.

With that being said, there are legitimate concerns shared by a lot of people including health care workers. I know someone who works in a hospital who said quite frankly that they have no idea the long term effects of the vaccine.

Not saying vaccines aren’t beneficial, just that from a health perspective many people share some concerns which is understandable.

Last edited:

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Most knowledge is built on what has been learned up to that point. The study of epidimiolgy has a very good track record.

I always have to wonder where we would be about vax skepticism if that discredited paper from a few years ago wasn't published. TheThe damage was done when that one goofball planted the seed. It doesn
t make a difference that he was been drummed out.

rico

Its amazing that many of the folks the once touted Trumps "Operation Warp Speed" as a gift from the Gawds, are now the same folks that are questioning the vaccines....I can't help but wonder what tune these folks would be singing if Trump had won the 2020 election.

Last edited:

Bucknut

Not remotely political. I probably got my last mandatory vaccine when I was 10 years old. I haven’t had a flu vaccine in 15 years. Also haven’t had the flu in 15 years. Probably lucky, but I also work outside with a small group of guys and don’t have tons of other close contact outside of the family.

I don’t have a problem with most vaccines. They save lives. But these have not been tested to the same standards because they have not existed long enough to be tested to those standards.

My brother-in-law was just vaccinated and said that he was given a pamphlet which stated that the vaccine was not FDA “approved” but had been granted “emergency use authorization”. Fair enough. I get it. If you want it go get it. I’m just not quite to the point where I think I need it.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom