Search results

  1. Jehinten

    Throwline training and climbing 9/28/26

    Throwing, I can throw 70'+ single hand without hurting my shoulders unless I keep missing and its a lot of throws (can get sore from the repetition). I'm pretty accurate unless I'm standing on a hill, particularly a side slope. It throws off my calibration. I don't always hit my mark with...
  2. Jehinten

    bmg hydraulic lines

    The last time I replaced mine, branch manager was roughly half the price as the local shop, plus they had the chafe guard on their hoses. Although the local shop would have been quicker, getting them the same day.
  3. Jehinten

    Tree oddities

    I'm not sure how they look in Florida, but here's an example of a typical bald cypress around here in SW Indiana.
  4. Jehinten

    Root Collar Excavation/ Stem-girdling Root Pruning thread

    Granted I'm just guessing here, as I haven't root pruned, but I'd guess an oscillating multi tool would work well and might be better about not cutting into other roots behind the target cut.
  5. Jehinten

    Surface damage risk from a 50 ton

    Your axle setup will make a difference but we use a 50 ton with minimal issues. The only driveways I've seen crack are already extensively damaged, however he makes a conscious effort to stay off of the "dog ears" where a driveway ties into the street. Lawns can be driven on when rock hard...
  6. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    Thanks! I have a spliced version but I like how easy his is to build with available parts. The scarab is great. Like @Evo I don't use mine super often. We did pull it out the other day for a climber to control a controlled speedline while I pulled the speedline to land in a tight spot.
  7. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    Boomslang had a good video on YouTube of him using the scarab. I recall it, because he was also using a sling I had come up with for remote releasing limbs while solo rigging. I'll look for the link.
  8. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    I have used it for light rigging, I can't recall if I used it for a speedline. I really like how it doesn't introduce twist in the rope the way a figure 8 would and it doesn't require unclipping the device to thread the rope onto it.
  9. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    I had considered the scarab, however I bought and use mine for rigging. It may work and is probably worth testing at ground level before buying a new one.
  10. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    I appreciate the concern and I understand where your coming from on that. In my scenario, your still tied into the crane until you reach where your cutting, lanyard in, remove crane tie in, cut. Tie back into the crane, lanyard off, place device in neutral. With the use of a lanyard your...
  11. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    I'll look into that. Unfortunately the only arborist supply store around is a vermeer dealer with limited supply. They wouldn't have any of these devices in store to check out in person.
  12. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    The verbiage is a little funny there, but between it and the video, they are saying it automatically locks your position when you let go of the lever (which is what all of our work devices do for trees) so that you stay put on the line.
  13. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    I wondered if a device like this might be available in the rock climbing world? I'm not familiar with their equipment but I know some on here do rock climbing as well and might have some insight.
  14. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    I'll read through it now. I've looked at them before online but I've never held one.
  15. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    A munter would be enough for just the swing, however the goal is a separate system to transfer to for the cut. Fly the ball, set the sling(s), transfer to the tree/pendulum and avoid long limb walks, pull the crane tie in and your ready to cut. The doubled rope slack is pulled out and ready...
  16. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    Yes descending would be necessary as I'm working towards the cut from the tree tie in.
  17. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    I hadn't really considered that, since the whole time it'd be in neutral I'd be fully on the crane tie in, then I could engage it for the transfer into the tree where the device would function hands free to catch you.
  18. Jehinten

    Looking for a descender or climbing device with a "neutral" mode

    As the title says, I'm looking for a device, preferably a single rope tool, that can be locked into a neutral phase where the rope can pull straight through it, then be switched to an engaged position to catch the rope. Does any of the devices out there do this? For context, on crane removals...
  19. Jehinten

    Storing a branch manager

    I almost never have an issue with line pressure preventing a connection. Every time before I disconnect or connect I turn off the mini, turn the key on (not running) toggle the aux a couple of times each direction then connect. The very rare case where I have trouble getting one hose to...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom