In Brooklyn I was using pole saws in trees a lot. And every once in a while it shows up for me. I like taking a loop runner with carabiner and girthing it below the blade, and that will hang on my harness below me, and using the basic weaver scabbard with belt style latch while traveling. When...
Not within the same government, maybe. From the Declaration of Independence-
“But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to...
We can do better. The richest man in the world, hopped up on ketamine cheering on the neo nazi party? And the 22 year old manbabies that make up his ace team of experts? Give me a fkin break. That crew probably doesn’t even know how to make a box of Annie’s noodles
Yesterday I spent the whole day driving around a reporter from the Guardian to talk about tree damage during Helene and survey the damage. Pretty interesting conversations.
At one point she had us pull into an encampment in Swannanoa which turned out to be this stronghold of a far right group...
Congratulations Brando!! Big doings. I passed mine this fall.
Dirr- Manual of Woody Landscape Plants has been a staple in my house for many years. I frequently have a question and take it out and learn a thing or two at a time. I scored quite good in those categories. (Terribly in abiotic and...
They need full to part shade. Have a lot growing wild in the holler here. Such a beautiful form, but the best ones are deep in the understory.
But I have also seen them do ok in full sun. And they hedge beautifully if you’re into that kind of thing. There’s a courtyard around here I worked on...
Honeylocust and Kentucky coffeetree were both popular choices in NYC when I was doing some street tree plantings. I don’t know about root lifting, but a few not huge trees that come to mind are Carpinus, Mulberry, Black gum, and Osage orange, and dwarf chestnut oak. Chicago has some really...
States are reporting Medicaid payments are frozen, as well as SNAP, Headstart, etc. So if the govt isn’t paying for any services anymore does that mean we get to stop paying taxes?
Context does matter! I agree! Like being in front of a large crowd during the victory day for the far right candidate of a large country.. to make this hand gesture certainly evokes something. And that it’s the richest man in the world…? Are you blind to what this statement is? The rest of the...
Just two days ago he appeared in a video in support of the German far-right group AfD, which aims to 'eliminate the free democratic basic order'. Its leaders have used nazi slogans and are generally considered 'Neo nazis'. Musk was in full support of this group, telling them to 'move beyond'...
I’d be curious to know what our tree friends in the north think of Trump’s idea to turn Canada into a US state. He says your taxes and health care would be better. How do you feel about that?
Such subversive talk. What in the world are you trying to say here. Musk is a nazi and every nazi on the planet needs to be afraid for their lives. Anyone who belongs to an ideology that seeks to kill others en masse based on their ethnicity is scum of the earth and should be afraid to walk out...
Yesterday I did an assessment on a property where the homeowner had done some vine removals with a chainsaw, sometimes getting pretty deep into the cambium unfortunately. (I was balancing the message of avoiding doing that without telling him he’s a bozo). But there were lots of sapsucker holes...
Trump came to Asheville today to announce he is going to reform or probably dismantle FEMA altogether. What the f is that shit. It felt like we were all on our own but damn it feels a little rough when you hear it direct. So everyone’s next disaster, don’t expect the feds to lift a finger for ya.
I caucus with the anarchists these days. No kings. Eat the rich. That kind of thing.
Trump likes to eliminate govt when it suits him and expand it when it suits him, generally follows a fascism playbook. Not sure why the libertarians fall for it.