Search results

  1. L

    How much is your Climber/ Lift Op vs. Groundworker lowering brush and wood?

    I had to read that a few times to make it make sense. We don’t have to do it much anymore, but I rig from the lift and lower pieces to the groundy, usually. Quicker and easier usually. The main exception that comes to mind is negative blocking which is usually ran from the ground.
  2. L

    Repacking a silvey tree jack

    https://www.madsens1.com/silvey-tree-jacks
  3. L

    Bandit computer screen

    You could use a conformal coating inside the controller, desiccant, and silicone to seal it up as much as practical... but it sounds like a design flaw.
  4. L

    bmg hydraulic lines

    Not sure what you need, but there are lots of options online.
  5. L

    Truck Refurbishing

    I'm interested in the CBA that says restoring a truck that's been through 30 salty winters makes more sense than updating the fleet. That was my first thought as well. Vehicle wrap is relatively cheap to have printed, can validate the design and quality before it's printed. Then it's...
  6. L

    Surface damage risk from a 50 ton

    It’s entirely up to you and the customer if it’s worth it or not. High risk or low risk is relative and qualitative, not quantitative. Of course inform the customer of the risk, and definitely have it in your terms and conditions. Absolutely, yes, of course. My telehandler is only 50klb but...
  7. L

    Equipment Financing Companies

    Having a great relationship with "your" banker is a great asset. I'm very lucky in that regard. At 12:50pm on a random Wednesday last year I text my banker, starting the conversation about buying a telehandler. At 1:03pm I said it would be $450-500k. At 1:09PM he sent back: Literally...
  8. L

    Pricing

    Look at what the material costs and subtract that from the retail cost. That’s the approximate labor value, retail. Like Matias said, they’re stupid simple to make. I made my last couple in the dance studio while my daughter was in class.
  9. L

    Damage Clauses for Driveways, Walkways, Lawns, etc.

    How did they get it back there?
  10. L

    Texting a business card

    I've had Genius Scan on my phone for years to scan documents with the camera and create PDF's that are on par with typically scanned documents. iOS added the feature a while back under attachments in notes, then iOS26 added the Preview app which has document scanning functionality. I still...
  11. L

    Yellow jacket teeth prices about tripled

    A homeowner calling direct to get a stump ground is retail. A tree service calling to get a stump ground would be sub (subcontractor).
  12. L

    Yellow jacket teeth prices about tripled

    We grind beyond the flare. Depth wise we shoot for 12-15” below common grade (the area outside the flare) and chase roots until they’re small and deep enough to not be an issue.
  13. L

    Yellow jacket teeth prices about tripled

    I ran an 85hp until I found a stupid deal on a new RG165 last September and bought it. After using it... I quickly decided I wasn't interested in running the 85hp, even as a backup.:LOL: Sold it earlier this year.
  14. L

    Yellow jacket teeth prices about tripled

    We almost only grind our own stumps, but I'd not be opposed to doing more retail or sub grinding. I'd hate to go back to using a sub and having to deal with their schedule and such... plus with 165hp the typical 3-4' stump doesn't take very long.
  15. L

    Yellow jacket teeth prices about tripled

    Looks like they’re up ~40-60%, I can’t find the receipt for my 1100 order last year. Luckily we still have spares, but the marginal increase is inconsequential for us.
  16. L

    Damage Clauses for Driveways, Walkways, Lawns, etc.

    Interesting question. I would file a claim on my insurance and presumably the insurance would seek subrogation. The homeowner's liability would likely be constrained by their lack of available knowledge of the city's defect, especially if the void is entirely on the city easement. The city's...
  17. L

    Damage Clauses for Driveways, Walkways, Lawns, etc.

    Exactly... value engineering is also a huge part of our business model. Identify potential problems and possible solutions during the site visit. On that job we removed 27 trees totaling 230 yards of chips and 140klb of debris with the grapple truck in 3 days of work with a 3 man crew for a...
  18. L

    Damage Clauses for Driveways, Walkways, Lawns, etc.

    I suspect you've grown daft with your advanced experience. The driveway had a void nearly 6' wide and 4' deep under their driveway from failed city infrastructure. If it hadn't dropped us, sooner than later a delivery truck or their vehicles would have fallen through revealing the same...
  19. L

    Damage Clauses for Driveways, Walkways, Lawns, etc.

    Sounds like you'd be a great customer to avoid doing business with.
  20. L

    Damage Clauses for Driveways, Walkways, Lawns, etc.

    Having a good verbal disclaimer and great customers to go with the written contract is ideal. Couple weeks ago, moving in to a job with 27 trees coming out. City culverts had rotted out causing a large sinkhole.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom