Search results

  1. Jehinten

    Any way to redirect this redirect?

    For future use. Climb higher than you need to on your main tie in, then tighten your "pull over line" to get the slack out, rappel off of your main climbing system to drift over. You can let your self down on either system to fine tune your position. For example, climb to the number 1...
  2. Jehinten

    Tractor, skid steer, or excavator?

    Not the biggest or strongest, but I've been pretty impressed with my bobcat mt100 as an all around capable machine. I paid 43K this past may with 48months 0% interest. As far as different uses, some sites have nearly 30 attachments for mini skids depending on what you want to do and pay for...
  3. Jehinten

    DownRigger, Rigging Wrench (or Scarab, or....)??

    I've been using that set up for a while now when it's called for, since 2018. It is possible for it to not release, typically it happens in something like pin oak when the twigs tangle the sling and prevent the hook from slipping. Once you realize the potential for that to happen, you...
  4. Jehinten

    DownRigger, Rigging Wrench (or Scarab, or....)??

    Not to talk you into the device, but with the scarab you don't need to pull it back though. Take it out and reattach when everything is set. The nice thing with it, is that you do not need to disconnect the scarab from the sling in order to take the rope on and off.
  5. Jehinten

    DownRigger, Rigging Wrench (or Scarab, or....)??

    The scarab is a nice option too.
  6. Jehinten

    Kubota SCL1000

    I could likely get efficient with an articulating loader if I put in the time, but as of now I am faster on a mini skid than my buddies vermeer ATX850 which has 3X lifting capacity and 3X the speed of mine. Another advantage of the articulating loader is the height. It can grab trees off of...
  7. Jehinten

    Kubota SCL1000

    In May I paid $42,911 after tax for the mt100. Wide track and I paid extra for the universal interface to use the attachments that I already had. Those two options adds a little over $3,000 to the price. USD
  8. Jehinten

    Kubota SCL1000

    It was one of the few times I wasn't personally running it. The operator who was is respectful of loader but not as smooth as I am. He's used to his vermeer articulating loader. So I don't think it was anything operator related. All that said, we were doing storm work where the homeowner...
  9. Jehinten

    Kubota SCL1000

    I've have had the mt100 since May of last year and have about 300 hrs on it. To date the only issues I've had has been a thrown track, which really isn't too hard to put back on if you have the tools available and just yesterday we had our first breakdown. Lost all power to the drive controls...
  10. Jehinten

    Chainsaw Shopping

    Thank you.
  11. Jehinten

    Chainsaw Shopping

    I'm in the market for a new 261, mine has melted it's piston a couple of times now and the local shop is scratching its head as to why. Does your local guy ship, and do you have contact info? I'd be interested to call for pricing and lead time.
  12. Jehinten

    c

    Most winters it's more mud here than snow. This winter it is ice. A couple of weeks ago we had a big ice storm which caused tree limbs to snap all around you while standing outside and trees to uproot. So even though its single digits, it's time to hustle and work into the dark to make up for...
  13. Jehinten

    BMG Grapple Rake mounting ideas

    That looks much more secure than mine and is probably the better option for exterior storage.
  14. Jehinten

    BMG Grapple Rake mounting ideas

    No modifications to the rake. I just cut a section out of the angle iron, then scored the two sides with an angle grinder. Hammered the two pins up then rewelded the scored corners for strength
  15. Jehinten

    BMG Grapple Rake mounting ideas

    This is what my new storage is currently looking like in the enclosed trailer. It seems to ride on here just fine, however I do plan on adding an anchor point to the wall with a spliced piece of cordage as a backup. The hanger bracket is made from 3/8" thick angle iron.
  16. Jehinten

    Back up camera?

    I can't think of the brand, but I did wireless on one truck, the signal was a little spotty with the occasional glitch in the image due to the distance and the steel in the truck. Worked pretty well though. My grapple truck is longer and has more steel than the bucket truck I referred to...
  17. Jehinten

    Wisdom regarding using a lift to dismantle a pin oak

    Absolutely. Even with equipment, so many grabby bits sometimes every grapple full grabs too much for loading. Sometimes it seems like pin Oaks are the only Oaks we work with around here.
  18. Jehinten

    Wisdom regarding using a lift to dismantle a pin oak

    That depends on what else your working with. If cut and stacked into a pile, I could have that tree loaded, raked and leaf blowed in about an hour; solo. It typically takes me 30 mins to fill my 50 cuyd grapple truck, then another 30 to rake, blow and finish loading that smaller debris.
  19. Jehinten

    Electric saws with cold bar oil in winter

    I don't typically do much saw cleaning, I knock out my air filter routinely on jobsites and replace air and fuel filters as needed. I am currently setting up my new job trailer that will have a generator and air compressor. Hoping to build the habit of cleaning my saws out better and more often.
  20. Jehinten

    Electric saws with cold bar oil in winter

    Side bar. I've been using canola for a while. My 261 burned up and the shop basically blamed the bar oil. So much hardened oil around the components increasing the load on the motor. It is the first time the canola has been an issue and I did explain that the saw sat for a couple of...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom