Search results

  1. Basswood

    Beech Leaf Disease

    Good to hear. Rumors are data will be good :popcorn:
  2. Basswood

    Deer ate the trees

    Try bridge grafting them!
  3. Basswood

    OK to remove BIG limb from pin oak?

    Fair enough! I respect this.
  4. Basswood

    OK to remove BIG limb from pin oak?

    Sure, but a rec climb you’re taking the cutting aspect out of the picture. In my opinion that makes it drastically safer, and I’d put money on it being statistically safer as well. What happens when an accident occurs doing work for free?
  5. Basswood

    OK to remove BIG limb from pin oak?

    I don’t mean to sound harsh @Winchman. If anything it’s a “know your worth” kind of deal and to avoid being taken advantage of. I appreciate that you look for input here and I’ll always gladly put in my .02, which is probably not even worth that much.
  6. Basswood

    OK to remove BIG limb from pin oak?

    Aye, dangerous work to do for free man. Why not just rec climb?
  7. Basswood

    OK to remove BIG limb from pin oak?

    why would he not be paying?
  8. Basswood

    OK to remove BIG limb from pin oak?

    Removal of pine will also expose the oak while it’s been acclimated to its current condition for decades. More likely to see failure in my opinion with the new exposure, though maybe nominal on its own.
  9. Basswood

    OK to remove BIG limb from pin oak?

    Don’t remove the large limb and don’t remove the pine. The limb isn’t causing any leans or problems. Removal will just be a large wound that will probably never compartmentalize over and an entry for decay fungi. Rent a lift and do some smaller pruning cuts at the tips to reduce weight on the...
  10. Basswood

    Tree oddities

    Baobab tree? I saw a bunch in Miami. Incredible trees
  11. Basswood

    Gas blowers banned in Ann Arbor Mi

    Your laws are a lot more lax than the ones we ended up with in a lot of towns on Long Island. No 4 year grace period, none that I’m aware of loopholes and an endless supply of Karen’s. But god forbid you increase costs to offset the new equipment purchases or extra time needed for clean ups.
  12. Basswood

    Tree oddities

    Skip Laurel with some shothole and a leaf starting to grow through it
  13. Basswood

    Spotted Lanternfly now in Middle Tn

    Just be glad it isn’t BLD.
  14. Basswood

    Mike Rowe tree climber

    https://vimeo.com/35285757?fbclid=PAAaZPRsWFSGRx3mWTdFaWTFDmto-VTf4hMUi_CtsCnvducF8-o5FJnVRuqqs_aem_AcuJYRu7iuMMS29gNqgJ087lb-Irqqj7oUnaMxS2-AQ6bCMnGT09xb-F_H22DAvq_QM I believe this is it. I’ve only seen the trailer.
  15. Basswood

    Grafting

    The Grafters Handbook is what I have and has been described to me as the “Bible of grafting” by others who are more experienced
  16. Basswood

    Grafting

    Yea same here to be honest. They’re super finicky here on Long Island, but I’m willing to give it a shot.
  17. Basswood

    Grafting

    Sweet! Ordered up some Apricot rootstock and waiting on the scions to be available from a place in the same state as me to ensure I have hardy varieties.
  18. Basswood

    Grafting

    I’ve always wanted to get more into grafting. I have dabbled with it with minimal success. I have read a lot of “The Grafters Notebook” and reference it often when my mind wanders. I just partially girdled a non productive espalier apple in my backyard to try out bridge grafting. And I’m...
  19. Basswood

    Beech Leaf Disease

    I suspect some study’s will become available in the near future with their efficacy.
  20. Basswood

    Beech Leaf Disease

    It has high efficacy! Great news for NJ.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom