Search results

  1. Jehinten

    Today....

    I appreciate all input. I can definitely see using slings in the future on the wood. This is the second job he's used it on, so we'll probably do a couple of more jobs before sending a climber up. Just so that he can build muscle memory on the controls. I've used this operator for years...
  2. Jehinten

    Today....

    Mek'n a Pin Oak a small Ash today. My crane operator just got the truck last week, so he/we are still figuring out the ins and outs for efficiency.
  3. Jehinten

    Today....

    I did find the chainlink below it I was committed to the plan and already had the notch set before I found the chainlink, so I powered through it and now I have some filing ahead of me.
  4. Jehinten

    Today....

    Might need to sharpen this chainsaw. It took roughly 40 years to get all of the way through. A little nudge with the bobcat and it finished coming off. The homeowner said his uncle tried to pull the tree down when he owned the house. Obviously failed and they never removed the chain...
  5. Jehinten

    Milwaukee telescoping polesaw

    https://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/milwaukee-telescoping-pole-pruner-first-impressions.50093/ There are a couple of comments on it here.
  6. Jehinten

    Milwaukee telescoping polesaw

    I just picked this thing up, my first milwaukee power tool, and first impressions are great. I've only used it on one job and I believe it cuts faster than my stihl ht131 did. I originally planned to pick up the quick connect version of the saw and I found a video showing the performance...
  7. Jehinten

    Milwaukee saw recall

    It says in that link to expect repairs in 7-10 business days. How do you all like that top handle? I run the 201 exclusively right now but I like trying new tools. I just picked up milwaukee's power pruner today. This is my first milwaukee tool and I am very impressed with its...
  8. Jehinten

    Equipment Hauler

    This one is a 16' car hauler, it has a longer tounge than most (about 21' total length I think), which is nice for making sure it doesn't get hit by the grapple truck when jack knifing. Also the extra room for a 36 gallon diesel tank on the tounge is great as the mini only has a 7 gallon tank...
  9. Jehinten

    Calling 811 - learned something this week

    My subcontractor now calls 811 for every stump grind. He started this after hitting a gas line with the grinder. So many utilities here are under tree stumps. Several years back we had a line of pine trees, probably around 15 of them, that every one of them was directly in line with the...
  10. Jehinten

    Equipment Hauler

    A quick image of my trailer tonight. Some stuff is just thrown in, but you get the gist. Currently loaded up is 12 4X8mats, bobcat 100, bmg and scoops, bmg rake, shelving for saws climbing/rigging gear, polesaw and axe storage on the wall and a workbench with vise in the front for saw...
  11. Jehinten

    Equipment Hauler

    I dont know how many mats you have, but my mt100 can handle 12 mats easily with forks. Going up and down ramps, you'll likely want to wrap them with a tie down strap or build a rack to have them in, to prevent the mats from sliding. Have you considered an enclosed trailer? I use an enclosed...
  12. Jehinten

    Question for you Rebuild gurus

    If it wont come out fairly easily, try finding a solid dowel that will fit inside of the alignment sleeve snuggly. This should prevent deforming the shape of the sleeve if gripped with pliers.
  13. Jehinten

    Today....

    This sounds very similar to my crane operator. We typically run 14' nylon slings but otherwise the same. My op doesn't mind the boom in the brush a little as long as we are watching his LMI cable closely. He'll boom up and cable down for clearance once the pic is off.
  14. Jehinten

    mini grapples.

    I did exactly that with that cheap one. And a towing receiver. I'd been spoiled with those options on my previous grapple.
  15. Jehinten

    mini grapples.

    Are these out now, or coming out soon? I'd love to continue to support BMG. I operated a knock around as my only grapple for about 5 years. These days I don't chip, everything goes in a grapple truck. So my knock around is primarily used for narrow paths and the scoops. Your comment on...
  16. Jehinten

    mini grapples.

    In looking those up, I see that it only has one cylinder. Does it seem to have enough squeeze? Both of the ones that i showed have two cylinders. How long have you been running that one? Any issues?
  17. Jehinten

    Skylining micro-chipper into forested work site...ideas.

    Makes sense. My crane operator has a 4hr minimum port to port at $750 for a 50t. It makes it worth calling him in for trees that can be done within an hour for zero ground impact.
  18. Jehinten

    mini grapples.

    I considered that, it's just has too many flaws in the build. The grapple shown that should be heavier duty is actually 50lbs lighter, according to online specs.
  19. Jehinten

    mini grapples.

    To date I've only tried this style and the knock around bmg. I might like that style as well, but the one I showed does a really good job of plowing brush into a pile. Especially if it's spread out during storm work or a felling operation. I can rake nearly as good with this grapple as the...
  20. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    I thought I'd share pics of the stumps I did today. I'm really thinking the only way to be efficient on large stumps in open areas is a full size skidsteer/tractor which I do not have. The top pic is a red Oak, somewhere around 36" where we felled it. The 2nd pic is a roughly 42-48"...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom