Search results

  1. D

    Today....

    The only other way I can imagine doing it would be to slash everything off from a bucket and chunk it down. The fronds are a nightmare. It would take several times longer, with two people instead of one.
  2. D

    Today....

    pretty miserable dusty cutting the spurs off. Chain choking fibers, nasty dust. Taking the trees out with any other method I can thing of would be lots of miserable hand work.
  3. D

    Today....

    I just pulled it out of my rear…a little sketch. Too big of a tree or wrong angle I think it might tip the lift back? Maybe… 5,000lb ish tree 26,000 lb machine, but leverage. They hinge better than the eucalyptus I’m used to but not as good as a green conifer. Huge gap face and high back cut...
  4. D

    Today....

  5. D

    Today....

    In the third IG video above, you can see the face cut jump back up on the stump
  6. D

    Today....

  7. D

    Today....

    Lots of back weight Removed from the basket Wrapped half way up with 1.25” bull rope, pulled with 15k winch while pushing with tele About 48” dbh The tree fell on the face cut wedge and squirted it back up into place on the stump. I was dumbfounded. Soak away the aches
  8. D

    Today....

    I love it har har
  9. D

    WTB logger’s belt, suspenders, tool or axe pouch

    https://whiskeyrivertrading.com/products/fallers-axe-handle-28-whiskey-river-premium-select?variant=40072001060942
  10. D

    Today....

    Orcas? Makes me homesick…hopefully this summer.
  11. D

    Today....

    Couple hours west towards the coast, 3,000 ft ish.
  12. D

    Today....

    I have a trick for preventing pinch where I shove sticks in the kerf. They also work for rollers.
  13. D

    Today....

    I think coast live oak The fauna is a whackamenno
  14. D

    Today....

  15. D

    Today....

    I just ripped a drive link in half the other day. Dunno why. Ported 461 going to put the undercut in siberian elm. Did your gear show up yet?
  16. D

    Today....

    Where’s wyby?
  17. D

    Work Photos

    Larger pieces on the bottom working smaller as you pile. Shake it a little before moving to drop loose bits. Landscaper will do final cleanup.
  18. D

    Work Photos

    Two short days after work. Should have been 1. That tele makes quick work….when it works. That’s the forward/reverse selector. Had to disassemble, clean, bend contacts twice. New is $803. Aftermarket $500. None in stock local so field fix.
  19. D

    Work Photos

  20. D

    Work Photos

    Pretty sure the one I did yest was black sooty canker. Didn’t know it got in pines. Usually see it in Indian laurel.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom