This whole open end girth hitch thing is blowing my mind! Looks v nice. I have spliced my throwline in the past and like it quite a bit, brummel with maybe 6 inch bury
I honestly just really hated the tactile feel of the plastic handle - this is a non-logical sensory aversion and was hoping someone would say "oh its an easy bolt up from a 260" or something like that-
So I walked into the local stihl dealer today to pick up a replacement for my older mk1 550xp-
They had a ms261c in stock, lifted it up and was shocked that it had a really cheapo feeling plastic front handle-
Is that just how stihl is selling an almost 700$ saw now? Do they make smaller...
I don't think it matters
In the video where they do one strand they do that on 8x strands per direction, pulling 16 of the 32 cover strands IIRC
The one strand tech keeps just keeps the braid more intact/ tidier
Great tip, you can also use a 1/2 hitch to winch 2 smaller pieces in one pull- either threading the hitch first or slipping it on if the butt is off the ground
I have- It was the first saddle I climbed in, borrowed at an ISA climbing class and was super cozy. Have demoed others since too
I'm a stout dude and the extra cushion and adjustable d's make a huge difference in comfort for me
Do you have thoughts on them @L3VI ?
Kinda a long shot but anyone here have a lightly used Medium or Large Ergovation saddle they don't like? I've got a 2018 treemotion from 2021 with very little use that I'm looking to trade-
Also will sell the treemotion and/or outright buy an ergo
I have a pretty intense dislike of forestry buckets for resi tree work- great way to burn thru employees bc the brush almost always needs to get dragged 40' around truck and chipper then spun 180- way harder on groundies- my 2 cents