Search results

  1. G

    Moving to Maui

    I met Maui Bobby several years ago while judging a "Capture the Canopy" Comp. Nice fellow. Offered me a free place to stay if I visited Maui.
  2. G

    Moving to Maui

    @stheis004 - Look up "TreeCutterDoug", Doug Tochtrop arborist / contract climber. Was living in Lahaina, Maui. Good Man, and Great Climber. https://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/%E2%80%9Ctreecutterdoug%E2%80%9D.48542/
  3. G

    Pinecone to Pine Tree in 300 days - time lapse

    https://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/pinecone-to-pine-tree-timelapse?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email
  4. G

    Food Thread

    Wheat Chex, Pecan, Garlic Bagel Chip – Snack - Modified Wheat Chex, Pecan, Garlic Bagel Chip – Snack - Modified Rev: 241124 1000 1-1/2 c Wheat Chex cereal 1 c Pecan halves 1 c Garlic Bagel Chips (Garadetto’s Rye Chips w/ garlic) ½ c Wasabi Peas (experiment) 3 T Butter – melted 2 T...
  5. G

    Seeking advice, trying to preserve a huge burl

    @RogerM - Please keep us updated on the progress of this project. Have you considered displaying at a "local" arboretum that might have a sheltered or even indoor spot to extend the life of the specimen ?
  6. G

    Seeking advice, trying to preserve a huge burl

    Also Look into polyethylene glycol. It is sometimes called PEG. I've seen this several times. Try search w/ "polyethylene glycol".
  7. G

    Strange Bark on Hemlock

    Thanks for the extra effort !
  8. G

    Food Thread

    PopOvers w/ Scrambled Egg Stuffing (egg, bacon, extra sharp cheddar) Rev: 241017 1320 PopOvers 1 T Butter – melted & cooled 2 Eggs ¾ c Milk ¾ c AP Flour Salt & Pepper Wisk ‘til smooth PopOver pan Pam – non-stick spray Oven – preheat to 425°F Preheat PopOver pan for 5 – 10 min. Fill each...
  9. G

    Seeking advice, trying to preserve a huge burl

    Eventually, after drying, Fill the Void w/ epoxy ? ? ? See thread above ?
  10. G

    Seeking advice, trying to preserve a huge burl

    Save that thing WITH documentation about it !
  11. G

    Seeking advice, trying to preserve a huge burl

    Let your very knowledgeable recipient decide how to cure it ! ! ! Leaving it here will be nice for some time, then it will decay. Save that thing ! ! !
  12. G

    Seeking advice, trying to preserve a huge burl

    @RogerM There are numerous posts on drying wood for turning / woodworking, etc. Most reference some sort of sealant on the ends & LOTS of time. Try the Search Mode: https://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/turning-a-rootball-on-the-lathe.48638/#post-746217...
  13. G

    Help with new employee/ language barrier

    @RogerM You may want to contact Edwardo Medina at Davey Tree in IL. He is a recruiter & instructor for Davey; primarily Spanish speakers. REALLY Great guy. He has volunteered for many, many, many TCC's. He was a good friend w/ Norm Hall. Although he works for Davey, I'm sure he could provide...
  14. G

    Battery Replacement Blower for Sthil Gas BR-600 Leaf Blower ?

    RedMax is a Japanese manufacturer owned by Husqvarna in 2007; USA headquarters in Charlotte, NC. The RedMax EBZ9000-RH backpack blower reportedly: Blow force: 56 N Air speed (round nozzle) 216 mph Air volume: 1245 CFM 91.3 fl. oz. fuel tank (up to 25% longer run-time vs competition) weighs 26.5...
  15. G

    Battery Replacement Blower for Sthil Gas BR-600 Leaf Blower ?

    Anyone used a RedMax EBZ9000-RH ?
  16. G

    Battery Replacement Blower for Sthil Gas BR-600 Leaf Blower ?

    I don't lend my chainsaws to neighbors. However, I have lent my leaf blowers, but I ALWAYS give them some of my gas for refill(s).
  17. G

    Battery Replacement Blower for Sthil Gas BR-600 Leaf Blower ?

    The other comment from my mechanic: "Only use TruFuel ! "
  18. G

    Battery Replacement Blower for Sthil Gas BR-600 Leaf Blower ?

    Battery Replacement Blower for Sthil Gas BR-600 Leaf Blower ? My Sthil BR-600 has been excellent; for several years; easy start & reliable. 677 CFM at 238 MPH & 64.8cc engine. I use it primarily for fall leaves, excessive grass clippings, & small stick clean-up, etc. I think you need VELOCITY...
  19. G

    Strange Bark on Hemlock

    Please keep us updated. I've got 200+ Eastern Hemlocks that I planted in 1999 along 600 ft of tree lawn. (NE Ohio)

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom