Search results

  1. oceans

    Bid that tree!

    Is a Ficus trunk even symmetrical enough to predictably face and fell? The ones I’ve seen look like a smooth gray included dreadlock. I am sure at a certain height you could make sense of structure as leads branch away from the middle. Maybe it’s time for a Woodcracker on your tele even if...
  2. oceans

    Equipment Financing Companies

    I’ve had a really good run with Western Equipment Finance. Joel Schuman was always on point for me. It all started through buying our first spider lift. From there it’s been a whole lot more. Turn around have been really quick. If I initiate something late in the week it’s never been funded...
  3. oceans

    Teach me about dump trailers

    Gotta eat all your peas before there’s any ice cream. Tractors, though, they can vary and be really specialized and hard to compare but some are actually pretty darn useful in the woods. I think Valtra is of the few, if not the only manufacturer that saw the power of making models with swivel...
  4. oceans

    Teach me about dump trailers

    Did someone say logging? Now that sounds like some fun!
  5. oceans

    Compact Bulldog Bone

    I’ll try to find the vid that Paul made…
  6. oceans

    Trailer theft security

    Copy. Sounds like wheels off might work best for the theft issue. Maybe you could ask a local street artist to do some nice graffiti all over it and call it good! Only half serious I guess, but I have been around more than my fair share of rail cars lately and some of those “paint jobs”...
  7. oceans

    Trailer theft security

    Those multi-position pockets are definitely available as a weld on option as long as the tongue has an appropriate area to do so. 2 15/16” wrenches and the 2 long bolts are out and the hitch is off. I guess it’s easy to bolt on your own…:/
  8. oceans

    Trailer theft security

    How often would it be used and how much time can you realistically give to secure/release it?
  9. oceans

    Teach me about dump trailers

    Copy that. So it’s the F550 requiring the trailer to be at 10,000 or less. Would an additional 14,000 trailer specifically for the F350 be a benefit? You could get away with a decently larger machine if it were a flatbed… I guess the thing about working solo is maximizing each trip. So much to...
  10. oceans

    Teach me about dump trailers

    What is your tow vehicle(s)?
  11. oceans

    Teach me about dump trailers

    I’ve worked with Matt when he was in PA and also during his first stint up in NH. Really good dude, going pretty hard on the Euro model of micro-mobile. In the right type of landscape, a mini excavator can be an unreal tool. In pristine lawn scenarios, it can still apply with turf mats...
  12. oceans

    Teach me about dump trailers

    That’s some real tree guy solution making right there! Ha! Can’t say I haven’t come up with an idea or two like that over the years.
  13. oceans

    Teach me about dump trailers

    Same here, but… A gooseneck can be loaded much differently putting more of the payload onto the truck and off the trailer axles. At the end of the day, payload by simple math on paper doesn’t account for load distribution, and what a scale would see per axle. That all said, in my area, a...
  14. oceans

    Teach me about dump trailers

    A common LEGAL set up around here is a truck at 11,000 or 12,000 and a trailer at 14,000 or so, but less than 26,000 combined. Also common is guys hoping not to get caught being over. I have had a few rigs with a 26,000 truck and a 10,000 trailer. Also did the 12k/14k thing for a good while...
  15. oceans

    Vermeer SC372 Diesel

    It’s possible but the math doesn’t totally work out. I’d spend close to a year of payments to manage what’s In front of me before the end of the year, and I’m sure more will come since I have traditionally subbed it out. I totally hear you, @flushcut, but I also have to think about...
  16. oceans

    Vermeer SC372 Diesel

    I agree that hp is king from all the machines ever being around. Like a chipper, keeping teeth sharp is…queen? Or a different king? My only path into big hp right now would be a used machine and the more I think about it, the less I want to buy someone else’s problems.
  17. oceans

    Vermeer SC372 Diesel

    Nah, General(ist), it’s all helpful. Thank you. Since posting I have come across the new Bandit SG40 which basically comes in 4 flavors. Track or wheel and belt or hydro. Pick your combo. The wheeled hydro seems pretty decent. I rarely get into massive stumps so it may be an affordable entry...
  18. oceans

    Compact Bulldog Bone

    I have had several over the years. Made a kit for island work and put one in it along with the bola. The bola may have sat unused too long. There’s some corrosion that needs addressing and it has to come apart entirely. There must have been moisture in the bag or in the lanyard rope itself. To...
  19. oceans

    Vermeer SC372 Diesel

    Any opinions on this machine are welcome. I usually sub out all stump grinding, but payment on a bunch of jobs are now hinging on someone else’s timing. We’re all busy. I also just picked up close to 4 acres of clearing a former X-mas tree farm. Lots of small stumps, but pulling and disposing...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom