The first tests that I did, I just looped the zip ties onto the ladder rung and then clipped the lanyard to them. This definitely had them loaded unevenly and breaking one at a time. I took that test up to 8 zip ties that broke easily from the drop test. So then I switched to the Delta link so...
Yeah same here, Brave browser on Android phone and Windows laptop. No ads, no glitches.
On a side note, Tom must be laughing at the suggestion that's he's "sold out" for the big ad revenue. I highly doubt this site makes any money. Guaranteed this newest issue is just a glitch. Carry on.
I agree that precise saw handling helps mitigate the potential of a saw being snatched, and for myself, saw snatching is not of particular concern. Not because it has never happened to me, but in general I feel I know how to avoid it. This is how confidence works, we feel that it's all well and...
I've never used a saw lanyard in a lift or seen it done. I don't have enough faith in breakaway lanyards to trust them in that scenario. The potential loading on the lift if the lanyard doesn't immediately break is far more dangerous than dropping the saw, in most cases, in my opinion. Depending...
I loathe the Stihl caps because I've seen them come off so many times. Can you imagine how much fuel and oil have been spilled worldwide over the years because of that design?
When Husqvarna moved to the flip-up screw cap design 10 years ago I went and bought the new caps to replace all my old...
I put that big ring on the green sling directly at the level of the cavity, which was about 10 ft lower than I would have liked to rig it. Tommy was on the ropes and ran it perfectly. Not much room there.
I learned climbing from an Englishman who had moved to Canada, Andy Lake. He was an expert at mature crown reductions, and a great climber in general. Large crown reductions are the most difficult climbing job there is: taking the tops down while preserving all the undergrowth, AND making it all...
I know this is heretical, but for a Willow that's going to be hacked anyway, and it's a real difficult climb, I would just spur it. The damage and reaction from cutting all the tops out of a tree vs. making spur holes on the trunk, that's an easy one for me. I wouldn't have done it with spurs...
"I am losing precious days.
I am degenerating into a machine for making money.
I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men.
I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news."
― John Muir
More storm damage today. This is a little self-contained rigging setup using the back end of my traveler ring for a Munter. Ground guy held the piece while I cut it, then transferred the line to me to lower it. It was a fairly big oak limb, bigger than I could hold on just a natural crotch.
Had a chance to play with the Reflex the last couple days. 3 climbs on 3 different ropes, two Yale 11.7's and Squir 11.5. Twice I just spurred up and tied in DdRT, the third climb I rope walked up SRT, then switched over to doubled. Would have liked to play around more with SRT. To anyone who...