Bart_'s latest activity

  • B
    I was pretty green, groundie on a pseudo logging job on the South Hill. A bunch of pondo pine down a cliff side with a terrible drag to...
  • B
    Bart_ reacted to chiselbit's post in the thread Odd Ways You've Seen a Tree Accessed with Like Like.
    Back when I started climbing I never used a lanyard or rope on the way up. Just spurs to the top and then I’d install my climb rope. I...
  • B
    Bart_ replied to the thread Switching between SRS & MRS.....
    I recall it as being one of the things called secret weapon. Just occurred to me. While being a bit overdone with jiggery, it offers...
  • B
    First one goes back about 8 years. Young, wiry climber comes down mid-job and re-ascends grabbing the rigging line hand over hand and...
  • B
    Bart_ replied to the thread Switching between SRS & MRS.....
    You should never switch between your wife (MRS) and her sisters (SRS). You married your wife, stick with her if you know what's good...
  • B
    Bart_ replied to the thread Wildfires.
    Ever see the dirty 30's pics and vids? Like snowstorm blizzard drifts of dirt. My grandfather tilled into the early 70's pitch black...
  • B
    Bart_ replied to the thread Wildfires.
    I suspect that if the understory recovers enough, bird squirrel or wind seed transport starts the new hardwoods in the nicer soil. On...
  • B
    Bart_ reacted to ghostice's post in the thread Lightning kills line clearance worker with Like Like.
    So here's some of my experiences with lightning over the last 25 - 30 or so years. As a long time soccer ref, we lived in fear of...
  • B
    If you're working on/near a golf course an alarm goes off if there's a strike within 10 or 20 km can't remember. I've had around 5 such...
  • B
    Bart_ replied to the thread Wildfires.
    Maybe what is meant by management is re-plantation practices after 100% deforestation during timber harvesting. Southern Ontario used...
  • B
    Bart_ replied to the thread Wildfires.
    Point to ponder. States forests generally in higher average temperature climate zones so presumably grow more each year. More natural...
  • B
    Bart_ replied to the thread Rigging Point Failure.
    Glad to see you're ok. I've only encountered longer sheared branches a few times. They were horizontal and had visible air gaps with...
  • B
    Bart_ reacted to Maplegeddon213's post in the thread Rigging Point Failure with Like Like.
    Thank you for sharing Steve, I have attended some of your talks before and I have great respect for everything you've taught me and...
  • B
    Bart_ replied to the thread Wildfires.
    I did a post in a previous fire season explaining that the Canadian forest stretches coast to coast and is so huge that the entire...
  • B
    You likely wouldn't be able to see 1⁰.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom