WTB Bandit 75XP or a 65XP

evo

Just got off the phone with the bandit dealer... Biggest engine bandit is putting in the 75's these days are a 35 or 37 hp... That's a big letdown.

dsptech

Just got off the phone with the bandit dealer... Biggest engine bandit is putting in the 75's these days are a 35 or 37 hp... That's a big letdown.
That's plenty of motor for the 65XP.
Mine is a 38hp at 999cc and I've seen the newer 35hp with the same 999cc.
Trust me it's a beast with that engine. :sisi:

evo

What's it cost with the biggest engine?
Off the cuff $27K. For me it would be a step down. My 9" gravely is 44hp, and a little lighter in weight than a 75xp. Looks like I'm in the market for a 90xp high hp or bigger, and keeping my gravely instead of replacing it because I need a light weight machine to push around with the mini.

dsptech

If you have the truck to pull a 90XP I would definitely go with one.
I had to pass on one out my way that was stripped down and gone through with a fresh paint job.
Sweet looking machine for 16K but I couldn't pull it.

colb

My bigazz gazz Kohler just chewed up the <5" diameter fluff from a 30" laurel oak removal this weekend. Surprising how fast it chewed and how little debris was left... I'm not tryitryintryitrying to sell it as a removal chipper, but I was kind of surprised at how effective it was for a removal.

evo

My bigazz gazz Kohler just chewed up the <5" diameter fluff from a 30" laurel oak removal this weekend. Surprising how fast it chewed and how little debris was left... I'm not tryitryintryitrying to sell it as a removal chipper, but I was kind of surprised at how effective it was for a removal.
Sure, I’m sure it’s a good machine, it’s just a step backwards from what I have and what I want. If I could get one with double the hp, I’d be sold. Like I said I have 44hp 9”. I never viewed it as a 9” just a souped up 6-7” .. I don’t dislike what I have, and serves me well, but for two guys feeding it’s a bit slow. Doesn’t even have springs for the upper feed wheel but it has a weight. It kinda looks unprofessional climbing ontop of the upper feed wheel and bouncing up and down to get it to grab.
I do have a big enough truck to pull a 90. I was just hoping to sell my lil one, for something just a little better.
Looks like I have to take quite a jump, which means a heavier machine. Then I loose my versatility of literally getting the chipper anywhere the axle will allow with the mini.

I’m not sure if this is a typo but a new 90xp has a 17x9 feed wheel opening and 89hp engine. And is almost double the weight of my current chipper.

So if I get a 90xp, that then would mean I can no longer sell my little one, and have to hold onto it just to push it around with the mini.

dsptech

Sure, I’m sure it’s a good machine, it’s just a step backwards from what I have and what I want. If I could get one with double the hp, I’d be sold. Like I said I have 44hp 9”. I never viewed it as a 9” just a souped up 6-7” .. I don’t dislike what I have, and serves me well, but for two guys feeding it’s a bit slow. Doesn’t even have springs for the upper feed wheel but it has a weight. It kinda looks unprofessional climbing ontop of the upper feed wheel and bouncing up and down to get it to grab.
I do have a big enough truck to pull a 90. I was just hoping to sell my lil one, for something just a little better.
Looks like I have to take quite a jump, which means a heavier machine. Then I loose my versatility of literally getting the chipper anywhere the axle will allow with the mini.

I’m not sure if this is a typo but a new 90xp has a 17x9 feed wheel opening and 89hp engine. And is almost double the weight of my current chipper.

So if I get a 90xp, that then would mean I can no longer sell my little one, and have to hold onto it just to push it around with the mini.
Go on youtube and watch a bunch of videos of your chipper model and then watch a bunch of 75 and 65XP videos.
I'm talking about videos that aren't put out by the manufacturer's.
Watch the feed speed and how the chips are thrown.
Look at how much can be stuffed in the infeed at once without the machine choking on it.
You might be surprised.

evo

Go on youtube and watch a bunch of videos of your chipper model and then watch a bunch of 75 and 65XP videos.
I'm talking about videos that aren't put out by the manufacturer's.
Watch the feed speed and how the chips are thrown.
Look at how much can be stuffed in the infeed at once without the machine choking on it.
You might be surprised.
I know I’ve used a 75 44hp Kubota. 1590 and a 90. M15 and a few others. Mine isn’t bad just want a little better

Merle Nelson

Yes. Just want to use tested/proven engine chipper combos. One of their videos has the 44hp diesel.

Speaking of more power, 90XP with an 89hp diesel is an amazing worker. I stayed away from that because of CA air quality laws - 50hp was much more relaxed on purported paperwork requirements.

27RMT0N

I'm in a sort of similar position, just a size or two up. Right now I have a Vermeer BC1000XL, (85hp 12", about 5,000 pounds) chipper and wouldn't dream of anything smaller, but what I really want is a chipper with a winch. However that means chippers in the 6-7,000 pound range from what I'm seeing and I'd really like to not be pulling around that much extra weight all the time given I'm in a hilly rural area and often have to take my chipper into fields, tight spaces in the woods, etc. But for the right jobs, it would sure save a lot of strain on my back...

evo

I'm in a sort of similar position, just a size or two up. Right now I have a Vermeer BC1000XL, (85hp 12", about 5,000 pounds) chipper and wouldn't dream of anything smaller, but what I really want is a chipper with a winch. However that means chippers in the 6-7,000 pound range from what I'm seeing and I'd really like to not be pulling around that much extra weight all the time given I'm in a hilly rural area and often have to take my chipper into fields, tight spaces in the woods, etc. But for the right jobs, it would sure save a lot of strain on my back...
Sounds like the bandits 90s are in the 5K range and winch worthy. One special note is the winch is about a 5k add on if installed at manufacture, but 9k if installed later. Could be true or the dealer is shady

27RMT0N

Could save yourself some cheddar
Yah, I actually have one of those winches and while it has it's place, trust me, it's no substitute for a hydraulic winch on a chipper... I don't have a mount on the chipper like Reg does and that would improve things, but still, it has nowhere near the speed or power.

Barc Buster

Yah, I actually have one of those winches and while it has it's place, trust me, it's no substitute for a hydraulic winch on a chipper... I don't have a mount on the chipper like Reg does and that would improve things, but still, it has nowhere near the speed or power.
I'll have to take your word for it. I forward all my material with the mini and bmg and my chipper is laughably tiny. Like Jansen gts2000 tiny. Seems like a viable alternative to dropping 9k on a winch for a chipper that doesn't already have one though.;)

Merle Nelson

If you're inspired to buy a chipper for the "powerful winch" make sure you demo it for power and for functional control beforehand. Mine has modest pulling force and others here complain about control function of new model winches.

colb

Why can't you just slap a grcs on it and run with a milwaukee superhawg drill? I'm sure there is a reason, but I'd like to know it.

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom