WTB Bandit 75XP or a 65XP

colb

Sexy!! What are the specs? 7x12” feed wheels? Engine? Dual feed?
It’s going to be a pain in the ass shoveling chips outta that van
its a 75xp with 35hp Kohler with single infeed wheel. Unfortunately, the key fell out of the ignition during transit, so right now it's really pretty furniture... #newguy

Reach

its a 75xp with 35hp Kohler with single infeed wheel. Unfortunately, the key fell out of the ignition during transit, so right now it's really pretty furniture... #newguy
Oops. It may be a fairly standard key, one you can get with a set of universal equipment keys on eBay, or perhaps even use the key from a different chipper you have, or even your lawnmower key. Otherwise, the key switch is usually a quick and cheap replacement.

evo

Oops! My mini keeps breaking keys in the ignition.. I’m strongly considering just wiring in a push button ignition

evo

Found this one earlier today.
It's a 2001 with a Kohler.
Waiting to hear back on the hp but it looks like it might be a 20 something horse.
Autofeed is not working, says the meter is showing error code.
I guess that is typical of these earlier models.
If it checks out I’d snatch it, obviously these are sought after in the used market. Use it and keep shopping for what you want. You can keep it as a backup or sell it for the same you paid (or more).

Merle Nelson

Usually nice Dexter axles under those.

Ignition switches are weaker points on chippers (always vibrating) hang as little weight as possible on it while chipping - one key and a easy find marker.

dsptech

If it checks out I’d snatch it, obviously these are sought after in the used market. Use it and keep shopping for what you want. You can keep it as a backup or sell it for the same you paid (or more).
It's a turd.
20hp Kohler and busted controller so no autofeed.

dsptech

Then offer 3.5 or so. Use it and fix what you can, then a sell for 5-7k should be quick.
Without the auto feed and horse power one would have to baby sit and assist.
That would be too slow.
I mostly work alone and need the chipper to take care of business so I can be free to grab the next piece and keep feeding the thing.
After watching videos of the Vermeer and Morbark 6" models, it would be quicker to grab the pile and toss it in my truck my self.
They seem to be way under powered, slow, and finicky compared the Bandits.
The 35hp Bandit 65xp runs circles around them.
I need a chipper to help get jobs done faster so I can fit more jobs into a season, not to add frustration.
Watching videos of the Bc625XL and the Morbark M6R makes me wonder how the heck they are able to sell the dam things. :rayos:

dsptech

I have enough projects waiting to be finished taking up room and seriously don't need another.
Just want a good and productive machine that's ready to work without any dickering around with that'll make me some money. :D
Just need one to show up that I can afford and quickly. :sisi:

Merle Nelson

Well, this is either the right time for that (Covid spark money fears) or the wrong time for that (coming into spring and normal work starting to flow). If one doesn't show up the Bandit Dealer was talking very motivated a while ago.

evo

I have enough projects waiting to be finished taking up room and seriously don't need another.
Just want a good and productive machine that's ready to work without any dickering around with that'll make me some money. :D
Just need one to show up that I can afford and quickly. :sisi:
If you can talk them down with cash in hand, tell the seller exactly what you just told us... $500 bucks and a day install for autofeed is well spent.
Yes, 20hp is a gutless turd. But it gives you barging room. You’ll earn that 4-5k back within a few months, market your chips. Charge labor and hours on the machine, or raise your price and discount no hauls.
When the right machine comes along, you can easily sell it for what you have in it...

Or wait, but here on the west coast these rarely come up for sale. Nothin more than ex rental Vermeer machines, with 4000 hours and 18hp engines. (Selling for 4-7k)

dsptech

View attachment 67774

Anna nabbed a banana...
Just got a Banana too. :D
2013 with a 38hp Kohler.
Just a step down from yours and a year older.
Had to drive to the bottom of PA to get it.
Drove through a storm that knocked power out of the most of West Chester County.
Trees down every where, tractor trailer flipped over on Rt 476 causing loss of life a couple of miles in front of me.
Got stuck on 476 for almost an hour and ended up turning around and heading north on the south bound lane to the nearest exit.
Got lost and and almost ran out of gas and almost all the gas stations lost power.
Was 20 min away from the chipper and didn't get there till 3 hours later. :rolleyes:
Got it for $11,500 out the door.
Made sure to pull the key out and put it in the truck before heading out.

Only downside is my tranny started slipping by the time I got home. :oops:

Screenshot_20200602_165428.png IMG_20200604_113027.jpg IMG_20200604_113215.jpg

Serf Life

2013 with a 38hp Kohler.
Drove through a storm that knocked power out of the most of West Chester County.
Trees down every where, tractor trailer flipped over on Rt 476 causing loss of life a couple of miles in front of me.
Got stuck on 476 for almost an hour and ended up turning around and heading north on the south bound lane to the nearest exit.
Got lost and and almost ran out of gas and almost all the gas stations lost power.
Was 20 min away from the chipper and didn't get there till 3 hours later. :rolleyes:

View attachment 68370 View attachment 68371 View attachment 68372
Congrats! How was Rick’s to deal with and haggle?

dsptech

Congrats! How was Rick’s to deal with and haggle?
Thanks, I'm super stoked to finally own one.
Can't wait to put it to work and for me to do less work. :LOL:

I did not get to meet Rick.
I called about it as soon as it was listed and talked to Gina or Melisa, I forget.
I said for me to come down to PA he's got to be able to move on price some.
Later that day I got a call back and was told 11,500 if paying with cash and I said I'd be there tomorrow.
I was told they don't usually bother with these smaller chippers.
So he probably made coin on the trade in and was happy to be rid of it.
I was a little leery but everything worked, hours are low, knives were sharp, and the price was right.

I did get to test it out and two of his guys and I were trying to stuff it so the autofeed function would kick in but it just kept eating everything thrown at it.

Reach

2013 with a 38hp Kohler.

It was definitely quite a storm down here yesterday, two of them actually about two hours apart hit both edges of our service area and made a great big mess. You should have told me you were coming by, we could have met for dinner or something!

colb

2013 with a 38hp Kohler.

Get some - wtg!! I'm a little jealous of your engine cover but I'll get over it (that's a pun...).

I finished pruning a ~34" diameter laurel oak today. 3rd partial day on it since rain, hard line placements, three zones, rain, and zero impact over a nice landscape. And rain. I chipped all the reduction prunes into two small piles with which to mulch the homeowner's trees. Seeing them go into the chipper, get ground by the Kohler engine and 90° disc, and come out into two small piles of perfect chips and leaves is just the best thing that has happened in my career lately. It is the perfect chipper for reduction pruning. I am living the phc dream - charging a bit more, managing debris a bit less, and keeping biomass in place. This chipper is amazing. I wish you an equally great or better experience.

Merle Nelson

Awesome to have an adjustable chute. That is a costly upgrade ($1200?). And I think locking caps of some sort are important - you can see there has been tampering before you run it through your hydraulics or engine.

colb

Awesome to have an adjustable chute. That is a costly upgrade ($1200?). And I think locking caps of some sort are important - you can see there has been tampering before you run it through your hydraulics or engine.
Where do we source locking caps? I just bought a locking lock so I could lock the tongue to the hitch ball. Is there a locking motor mount as well, lol? Seems like a guy with a cutter tool could make off with one of these pretty easily rather than dumping bad fuel in.

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom