WTB Bandit 75XP or a 65XP

Merle Nelson

Locking plastic caps from Bandit. Ebay has a person who sells a lot of Bandit odds and ends if you're not close to a dealer. Dsptech just puts locks (hasps) in each locking bar on his beautiful new machine. Bandit has small ones made of brass.

"Locks just keep honest people honest" had been said. And locking fuel caps etc. keep the less motivated dip sticks at bay. Walk around your machine and do a visual every day before start up as a part of safety inspection. Had a contractor doing dirt work with a small excavator and a skid loader in a community near me. He just fired up and went to work. Trashed two engines and one hydraulic system.

If you noticed sabotage you would need to drain tanks etc but time and cost could stop there.

dsptech

It was definitely quite a storm down here yesterday, two of them actually about two hours apart hit both edges of our service area and made a great big mess. You should have told me you were coming by, we could have met for dinner or something!
I read today that it was a double banger.
I was caught up in the heavy downpour for at least an hour with the wind blowing the truck around and hydroplaning briefly multiple times.
Compound that with the all the ridiculously long stretches of road construction and narrow single lanes.
Many pucker moments.

Man I wish I'd had known I would have called you for directions when I got off Rt 476.
I wish I brought my saws and had a place to stay.
That storm took out trees everywhere.
Would have had work for weeks.

dsptech

Get some - wtg!! I'm a little jealous of your engine cover but I'll get over it (that's a pun...).
:LOL:

This chipper is amazing. I wish you an equally great or better experience.
It's one thing to watch a video but seeing the chipper crush wood and brush and spit it out without hearing the RPMs drop was quite the experience. It's a beast for it's purpose.
It would have been awesome if it was a 75xp. ;)

dsptech

Awesome to have an adjustable chute. That is a costly upgrade ($1200?). And I think locking caps of some sort are important - you can see there has been tampering before you run it through your hydraulics or engine.
That to me was a killer option like @colb got on his.
I'll be using my pickup for a bit while I work on getting my dump trailer (project) back together.
I can wind the shoot way down and adjust the deflector to shoot into the bed.

dsptech

Where do we source locking caps? I just bought a locking lock so I could lock the tongue to the hitch ball. Is there a locking motor mount as well, lol? Seems like a guy with a cutter tool could make off with one of these pretty easily rather than dumping bad fuel in.
I was thinking of welding up a pair of wheel boots so it couldn't be driven off.

colb

:LOL:

It's one thing to watch a video but seeing the chipper crush wood and brush and spit it out without hearing the RPMs drop was quite the experience. It's a beast for it's purpose.
It would have been awesome if it was a 75xp. ;)
There's nothing wrong with a slightly tighter fit, lol.

I swear some of my branches looked like they were 7.5 inches. I did a 9" removal cut on one side away from the residence to favor an adjacent live oak. I left out a 6 foot log and chipped the rest. :| :D

Reach

I read today that it was a double banger.
I was caught up in the heavy downpour for at least an hour with the wind blowing the truck around and hydroplaning briefly multiple times.
Compound that with the all the ridiculously long stretches of road construction and narrow single lanes.
Many pucker moments.

Man I wish I'd had known I would have called you for directions when I got off Rt 476.
I wish I brought my saws and had a place to stay.
That storm took out trees everywhere.
Would have had work for weeks.
I thought everyone knew by now where I’m at, just down the street from Gap Arborist Supply, and not too far from Daniel. Actually you likely drove right through his service area, it’s where much of the severe damage happened actually, just east of ours, so we did not get too many calls - a good thing actually, we are booked solid for the next 4-5 weeks at least.

dsptech

It would have been cool to meet up at the the Gap and visit with the guys.
Definitely a missed opportunity.
I was so determined to get there and back quickly I didn't consider anything else.
Ending up being a 12-1/2 hour round trip.

Reach

No worries, there’s always the next time you drive down to pick up a new chipper. That’s a nice long drive, for sure!

Merle Nelson

Not at the moment. Just tiny brass locks that are keyed alike to Bandit specs. Short hasp model is maybe 3/4 inch wide and 1 inch long, long hasp version is 3/4 wide and 1.5 inches long - all approximates.

Edit - you might be able to cut them with a really good set of wire cutters but, upon inspection, you would know something is up.

dsptech

Not at the moment. Just tiny brass locks that are keyed alike to Bandit specs. Short hasp model is maybe 3/4 inch wide and 1 inch long, long hasp version is 3/4 wide and 1.5 inches long - all approximates.

Edit - you might be able to cut them with a really good set of wire cutters but, upon inspection, you would know something is up.
Found a pic.

Attachments

colb

A hair short of 30k. Can you imagine paying that much?! My quote was from January. Post-covid-19, there was an update to 0% financing. There may be more discounts since.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom