Which injection system and why?

treevet

On the right day? That's what I'm saying. My client needs their trees injected on Dec 3. So I'm gonna line up my crew for that day. You're implying that if I wake up and the humidity isn't right and the moon is not in proper alignment, I gotta NOT inject the trees.

I'm not saying Mauget CANT work. I just need something more reliable. Its 11:43pm. I can go inject whatever I want right now.

love
nick
You have obviously never been to an Arborjet System seminar when the conditions are not right son...I have. It is virtually impossible to make it happen under the same conditions that you see as challenging for Mauget. If there is no room on the train...ain't NObody getting on. If no flo ...no go...don't know what else to say Nick cept you oughta get out of the splicing room once in a while and see some daylight. :)

Love Dave

djm

Wrong. (re Nick) I began using Mauget in 1971...if done on the right day in the proper method...they don't need ANY psi. Gravity fed into xylem is plenty good enough on the proper day.

Mauget you can stick em and leave em and go about your business. They all work but Mauget is easier, cheaper, less expensive initial out of pocket and...again...much faster to complete and go on to other work/injections.

I have been to Ajet seminars and watched them agonize over completing the tedious process not to mention getting the stuff in difficulties.

I have never had a drop leak from the Mauget system if done properly. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Leaving capsules unattended has always bothered me. In my state it's illegal as well. I started using mauget early on in my career and then we made the switch to arborjet. I was able to get product in when conditions were less than optimal. We have never had problems with it. Drill plug inject and go. There is a little bit of learning how to set the plug I will say and you can run into problems if it is not set correctly. But it's pretty easy to pick up.

treevet

If one spends more they are generally going to want to represent what they bought as better...regardless of truth.

I have witnessed the applicator, at a seminar, not able to get the product in during non optimal conditions.

treevet

Actually, they are not the same... Rainbow's is a different formulation. Same chemical, different formulation/thickness, therefore different uptake rate. Just clarifying.
More dilute formulation moving the same chem? More of the formulation needed then to meet recommended dosage therefore more time put in installing more formulation. Quicker uptake...same injection time?

tomthetreeman

It's not more diluted as far as I know, just thinner. This according to Aaron from Rainbow. I'll ask him directly and report back.

treevet

I likewise am gonna ask Dan Herms about some of this stuff discussed. Always helps to get info from a non biased scientist.

But bottom line maybe the choice has something to do with the state of affairs of the applicator. Are you a comprehensive arborist with a myriad of other interests or involvements ...and expenses...or are you a dedicated pesticide guy and that is all you do every day all year.

tomthetreeman

I realize that Aaron is a salesman, but he is a straight shooter. He's on vaca until the 1st, but hopefully he will reply when he returns...

djm

Arbormectin is water based and thinner. Tree age is oil based. Tree vet Dan Herms will be a good resource about injection systems as well.

treevet

Arbormectin is water based and thinner. Tree age is oil based. Tree vet Dan Herms will be a good resource about injection systems as well.
djm, I have had email contact with Dan for about 12 years since eab hit. He is a great guy and very accommodating and patient. I was on our town's ufb and it was great help during planning stages here to have almost immediate access to him with how to handle eab...and why. But I have learned much more than that from him.

djm

djm, I have had email contact with Dan for about 12 years since eab hit. He is a great guy and very accommodating and patient. I was on our town's ufb and it was great help during planning stages here to have almost immediate access to him with how to handle eab...and why. But I have learned much more than that from him.
Nice!

treevet

Mauget pushes with about 10psi. Arborjet with 80 ....or more (if you override the burp valve).

love
nick
what happens when you push fluid in when there is no where for it to go?....vascular damage sweetie. Maybe you think it sprays out of the leaves when you turn up the psi?

Jerry_Grandjean

That is what I said.

Last note to self...EmBen IS TreeAge. You need to do a little more reading and a little more research prior to posting. Too many knowledgeable peeps on this forum to get away with careless info :endesacuerdo:
TreeAge is eb, but not all eb is formulated the same as previously stated. Sounds like some research is required on your end.
You can watch some interesting comparison videos on YouTube. I've watched a live comparison demo and I'm sold on the difference

treevet

Rainbow's emamectin benzoate which is thinner than TreeAge and takes up noticably much quicker.
I think your statement should have been "Rainbow's forumula...is thinner than the TreeAge formula ...." as the emben is not thinner :burlas:

I have no need to research all these upstart companies as most are just off shoots from Mauget, the original and oldest including some former employees of Mauget. I am and have been quite happy with Mauget since 1970 and was sent the first offering of Fungisol ...a full case of it...for free and asked to send back data regarding effectiveness which I did. I have a certification from Dale Dodds, the founder of the company.

The greatest use for injections currently is for EAB control and I have as much need to make an ash "more protected" with other products, as a woman needs to be "more pregnant"...Jerr.