When did you first hear?

JeffGu

All of my coffeemakers have a METH LAB label on them, that I make with a P-Touch labelmaker. But, they've never blown up and left a crater where my house was standing, and narco squad doesn't kick my door down and confiscate my machines.

I once contemplated putting a coffee machine in the bathroom, for those times when you just know you're going to be there for awhile.

Burrapeg

All of my coffeemakers have a METH LAB label on them, that I make with a P-Touch labelmaker. But, they've never blown up and left a crater where my house was standing, and narco squad doesn't kick my door down and confiscate my machines.

I once contemplated putting a coffee machine in the bathroom, for those times when you just know you're going to be there for awhile.
Coffee is apparently good for the colon. My neighbor did a colonic cleanse with a series of mild coffee enemas and said he felt ten years younger. Then I read online that King Charles II used to receive the Privy Council while having a coffee enema, even had music composed for the Royal Enema. This particular use of the stuff while in the loo may not be what you were talking about however?

CanadianStan

Coffee is apparently good for the colon. My neighbor did a colonic cleanse with a series of mild coffee enemas and said he felt ten years younger. Then I read online that King Charles II used to receive the Privy Council while having a coffee enema, even had music composed for the Royal Enema. This particular use of the stuff while in the loo may not be what you were talking about however?
I too heard that coffee enemas are amazing shit

CanopyJames

SRT is the mother of DRT.

WHere do you thunk this all came from? Just read "On Rope" and you may get it.

DdRT is just another variation of SRWP - ropes and hitches tied in various combinations, some mechanical, all to aid in safe work positioning aloft.

I love it all, especially my "Magic Shoes".
One of my favourite comments ever read on the buzz!

dmonn

I started on spurs in 1964 and SRT in 1970. My first SRT climbs were in old-growth trees on a goldline rope with a ropewalker system that I made out of 2 Jumars, a couple of long footloops and a chest harness, with a short webbing loop between one of the Jumars and the harness so I could stop and rest while hanging from the chest harness. Not particularly safe or comfortable, but it worked. Goldline was terrible stuff for SRT because it was so stretchy and because it would twist while you climbed, spinning you in circles until you were seasick. I still use SRT extensively in my work but I have joined the modern world and have much better stuff now! I am a researcher, not an arborist.

Ah yes--goldline. Hated it back in the late 60's. Used it for caving. Horrible stuff. Most cavers used Bluewater II by early-70's. So much more comfortable.

Based on a caving background, when I started climbing trees about a year ago I started SRT. Had no idea how to do DRT, but SRT seemed like an obvious choice.

My first climb over 6 feet high I had trouble switching to my Figure 8 while just hanging from the rope. Seems very funny now. From my caving background we often switched from ascending on 3 Gibbs (ropewalker with a chest harness) to a rappel rack to descend. I couldn't figure out how to get slack in the rope to attach the Fig 8 and then undo the rope grab I used to ascend so I could descend. I wish I had video of my efforts. It didn't take me long to figure out how to use my friction hitch to descend the short climbs I do. So far I think my biggest climb has been about 50 feet, and pretty happy with my setup. I did get some great instruction on DRT, and have done some just for practice and work positioning. SRT is still my go-to system.

speelyei

Staff member
Maybe 1996? Used rock climbing aiders and Clog ascenders to get into a big tree, and immediately switched over to Ddrt. I also prussiked into a tree I didn’t want to hip thrust into around that time.
This wasn’t innovation, though, it was sheer laziness.
I didn’t really fool much with SRT until recently, when much more ambitious and capable people had ironed out all the kinks.

Tayer

Been climbing just shy of two years. Bought a rope wrench last November about 8 months into my climbing. Didn’t get used to it for maybe 4 months. Have climbed doubled rope once since then. Set everything all the time.

I first heard about srt in arb shortly after I started working (10 years ago) but it was mostly here say and videos, no in life demonstration.

I first started climbing srt nearly 5 years ago now. The more tools in the mental toolbox the safer and more effective I can be, and the better I can teach those who follow.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom