What Grinds Your Gears?

evo

So I have a new one... I’ve been fucken exposed to this damn virus.
Unknown to me last Sunday I met with a client who just flew back in from LA. The next day she tested positive for the virus.

I was only informed today when I called to schedule a follow up. Now I’m scrambling to figure out protocol and how to get tested.

Reach

Unknown to me last Sunday I met with a client who just flew back in from LA. The next day she tested positive for the virus.

I was only informed today when I called to schedule a follow up. Now I’m scrambling to figure out protocol and how to get tested.
The CDC says an “exposure” requires fifteen minutes in close proximity to qualify as an actual exposure: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html

Chaplain242

Take some vitamin D, E... and lots of C. Doesn’t help with any economic or regulatory restrictions.

For some interesting commentary on the testing maybe watch this:

Reactions: evo

evo

The CDC says an “exposure” requires fifteen minutes in close proximity to qualify as an actual exposure: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html
It was an under a hour, outdoors. I was masked and she wasn’t. I tried maintaining distance and she came within my bubble a few times.
I’ve been feeling a little cruddy this week, the kind of normal cruddy from grass allergies, headaches, and muscle cramps. It’s likely I haven’t been drinking enough water.
All this was enough for the doc to test me. After all the staff and phone personnel tried to dissuade me from getting a test. Results are due in 24/36 hours

Jonny

Fuck. I’m sorry man, and I’m sincerely hoping for a negative test and all the best for you and yours.

That client’s carelessness is a bit beyond grinding gears and more in the territory of physically fucking with you, your family, and everyone you interact with following that.

evo

Test results came back, it is negative. My doc friend says since while I was exposed but minimally coupled with a negative test I should be in the clear as long as I’m careful.
Asshole clients cost me a bid day, risking exposing my family and crew. Two nights in a tent isolating. There goes my weekend...

southsoundtree

Customers moving 2' every time I move 2' at a bid.

Employees who need to be told to get out of the crush zone/ danger zone for no reason, then go in the worst direction, such as away from where all the productive work can be done.

Having to tell the spotter, when I'm backing a trailer uphill and around the bend, that I can't see through the truck, I'll never ever be able to hear their hands while changing back and forth from looking at two mirrors, and the windshield, and "STOP!" means "stop", and "okay" is about meaningless, unless I can read their minds.

Boomslang

To sales reps, managers, owners, or whomever is doing the quotes.....put a flag on it. Or at least be more detailed in your job briefing.

"Remove leaning birch at side yard" is great and all until I show up and there are FIVE birches on either side of the house and they're all leaning.

Nothing better than knocking on a customer's door to let them know you're there...and if they could kindly point out which tree they want removed.

Last edited:

Boomslang

Three words made a good day go south real quick.

Clean up woods :muyenojado:

Stacks of dead fir and spruce saplings scattered 40-50 feet into the forest. No access for the mini. No clear shot for the winch. Old schooling it. Grab an armful and wrestle it out while being bombarded by flies. All so somebody with too much money can have a nicely manicured wooded area around their house. At least these people were sane enough not to ask us to rake the forest. I've had that happen before.

Last edited:

BoomBitch222

To sales reps, managers, owners, or whomever is doing the quotes.....put a flag on it. Or at least be more detailed in your job briefing.

"Remove leaning birch at side yard" is great and all until I show up and there are FIVE birches on either side of the house and they're all leaning.

Nothing better than knocking on a customer's door to let them know you're there...and if they could kindly point out which tree they want removed.
Whats even better is when the person who did the bid doesnt remember wtf the shit THEY wrote meant

Boomslang

Whats even better is when the person who did the bid doesnt remember wtf the shit THEY wrote meant
Or missing big parts of the job. I've had clients walk me around pointing out all the things they agreed to have done. Half of it isn't on the work order. So I call the boss to double check..."Oh. Yea. Right. We're supposed to do that stuff too"

Chaplain242

Or missing big parts of the job. I've had clients walk me around pointing out all the things they agreed to have done. Half of it isn't on the work order. So I call the boss to double check..."Oh. Yea. Right. We're supposed to do that stuff too"
clients attempting to squeeze in extra work for the same quote. I even had a bosses relative do it - declaring that the work was discussed and demanding that it be done with the rest of the quote (and it hadn’t been - but relative was happy to throw an employee under the bus to get a discount...

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom