What Grinds Your Gears?

evo

Wow. I don’t understand why you’re having so much trouble, perhaps it’s just your market, but I don’t know on that one. Either way, I’m sorry you’re having that problem! Do you ask for a deposit? If you don’t, maybe that would be a help.
I don’t do the deposit thing unless I have to buy materials for the job, like props, plants, or cabling.
It’s my market for sure, lots of disposable income. Lots of baby boomers who don’t under stand what a callus is. Also many out of towners or mainlander second homes.

One guy lives just over the water but now insists he see the finished product before he pays me. He won’t be here for a week. Hell even our post office doesn’t post mark mail gets shipped off to the mainland and marked the next business day. My only gripe with mail in voting, and I’ve acquired a few late fees that way too

Reach

I don’t do the deposit thing unless I have to buy materials for the job, like props, plants, or cabling.
It’s my market for sure, lots of disposable income. Lots of baby boomers who don’t under stand what a callus is. Also many out of towners or mainlander second homes.

One guy lives just over the water but now insists he see the finished product before he pays me. He won’t be here for a week. Hell even our post office doesn’t post mark mail gets shipped off to the mainland and marked the next business day. My only gripe with mail in voting, and I’ve acquired a few late fees that way too
That definitely gives you a few unique challenges for sure. We ask for a deposit of 1/3 the total on all projects over $1000 total cost. That’s the most PA laws will allow, and it helps eliminate those who want to stick you at the end, or at a minimum it guarantees you a bit of an income on those projects. It also helps a lot with cash flow, giving us more cash up front to keep the bills paid.

BoomBitch222

Bro, I waited 10 minutes Monday for the one diesel pump thinking maybe the guy was just taking a shit in the gas station, walk up to the window finally and the MFer is taking a nap in the shade! And then after all that he don't even need diesel!
I woulda flicked him in the forehead, but after he woke up so he knew it was just to be a dick :)

southsoundtree

Mind-reading... Actually inability to mind-read.

"Do you want me to...?"

Yes, you did guess that what you saw where you randomly stood a second ago would be the next important step of the operation that is planned 3,4,5+ steps ahead.

For people who "just want to help", why would it be difficult to understand that's it's very hard to mind-read, and extremely easy to ask the supervisor, "How can I help?" or "what's next?"?

Boomslang

Had another one today...some nasty storm damage here in NJ, finished a job and husband murmmers (he came home after wife hired us), " boy I should get in the tree business".....Yup, it's that easy.
Judging by the number of guys running around in pickup trucks with ladders and chainsaws I'd say...yup, it's that easy

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom