What Grinds Your Gears?

TreeVB

Not to be negative but I think it would be fun for a little venting session. What are things on your jobsite that your guys do, the client does, past work you have seen, or contractors on your site do that tend to give you a little blood pressure rise. Only catch is that you have to have a photo to accompany it.
This is one for me. I'm sorry if you are one who does this and to each their own as it doesn't physically affect me. No offense so please no whining about it. This right here. Unbuckled hardhats get my goat a little. If you dont like the strap get a strapless, forestry style hardhat. No bigs but what you got?

Attachments

evo

Not to be negative but I think it would be fun for a little venting session. What are things on your jobsite that your guys do, the client does, past work you have seen, or contractors on your site do that tend to give you a little blood pressure rise. Only catch is that you have to have a photo to accompany it.
This is one for me. I'm sorry if you are one who does this and to each their own as it doesn't physically affect me. No offense so please no whining about it. This right here. Unbuckled hardhats get my goat a little. If you dont like the strap get a strapless, forestry style hardhat. No bigs but what you got?
Ha, that is all it takes to get under your skin? I keep mine open on the ground, but closed aloft

TreeVB

One of many. Nah, not enough to really irritate me. Just one of those things I dont get. Almost like people not using a turn signal (not as bad though).

Jzack605

Fckin general contractors man. Three times last week I try to touch base with them to let them know where I’m working and best way to stay out of each other’s way. All three times they threw hissy fits over god knows what. Makes me want to just do my thing and fck anyone else but it’s not my way. I’m glad I can let just about anything go through one ear and out the other.

also people who don’t clean up after themselves and bosses who pretend to care about the fleets condition. I took a protective sheet to the throat last week because of both those reasons.

Last week was a bitter week.

Jzack605

Clients who ask you what’s wrong with their tree but don’t accept the most likely reason because they don’t like the answer.

like the client who couldn’t believe his little cherry tree planted at the curb couldn’t possibly have physical/mechanical damage....despite the fact he lives in a busy part of Brooklyn.:tonto:

he determined the only possibility was fungi

Jonny

I mostly roll with the punches, anger is an ugly emotion, so I’m generally pretty happy and easy going on the road, at home, and on the job, but one time someone stepped in dog shit and then stepped on my climbing line. I kinda lost it. Mad at the client for not cleaning up after their dog, mad at the ground worker for stepping on my rope like it’s a piece of trash.

OasisTree

Clients showing you a competitors quote and asking if you can beat it

Getting a ASAP call about storm damage from a year ago because they are trying to sell their house

Seeing all the equipment in tree trader that is inefficient and knowing that there are better ways to do a job, and realizing that a lot of people aren't open to trying new methods.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom