Today....

southsoundtree

Been here a while
Got 4 footings of a treehouse leveled and square.

I would have rather used sonotubes and concrete, but am under a self-imposed time constraint, and didn't have 1.5 hours for a Home Depot run, and time for concrete to cure.
4x4s just resting there. Going for 12' corner posts, 6' deck height.

Attachments

• 20210825_181851.jpg
    20210825_181851.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33

Jonny

Been here a while
That’s excellent.
You maybe better than a good dad, Sean, you’re fixing to be one of the great ones.
So far, noninvasive.
I can’t wait to see more as it progresses!

Mitch Hoy

Participating member
B4F28457-92B4-4FEB-8A6A-53C61614A633.jpeg
Performed a number of root crown excavations today while the soil was nice and moist. These poor Bur Oaks have 24” of hard clay fill graded over one side of their collars. We found lots of large broken root members pushed against the stems- outlook isn’t good. New construction as of a year and a half ago and now that their carbon reserves are depleting the trees are declining rapidly. Lots of new construction into old stands creating this issue in our area. Paclobutrazol and vertical mulching can’t do much to 24” of packed clay. I tell people, “trusting trees to excavators is like trusting teeth to candy salesmen.” Unfortunately, the dentist is often too late.

Fivepoints

Branched out member
Found out the cat dealer thinks the bad noise in my bucket truck engine is a broken wrist pin. 3126s arent cheap. We use it daily. Its a 1999 gmc c7500 with a 60ft versalift boom on it the we have kept in really good shape. Trying to decide if i want to fix it or upgrade bucket trucks.

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
Found out the cat dealer thinks the bad noise in my bucket truck engine is a broken wrist pin. 3126s arent cheap. We use it daily. Its a 1999 gmc c7500 with a 60ft versalift boom on it the we have kept in really good shape. Trying to decide if i want to fix it or upgrade bucket trucks.
Sorry to hear
But I get it
How much do you invest into a 23 year old truck?
Pay the mechanic or pay a bey payment
New payment gets you a new machine hopefully no major bills first 4 years
Or pay the same or at least almost and still drive the old one that’s going to need be repaired or worked on

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom