Today....

Boomslang

Well this should be fun

Four different tree companies bid this stone dead pine at a full day with no cleanup. Nobody could come up with an efficient plan beyond climb it, cut very small, and hand bomb everything. No crane, bucket, or even spider lift access. Not trust worthy enough to rig or even speed line from. No other trees in the vicinity even remotely tall enough to high line from.

I told the boss to write in the quote that there is a high probability of the treehouse getting damaged and that we won't be responsible for repairs.

PXL_20210405_182549245.jpg

climbingmonkey24

It makes you wonder, why wait until a tree is that far gone to decide to call to have it taken down? I understand not everyone has the budget always available but still, it becomes a hazard to both people and property. Would you really want to be in that tree house with that overhead or have your kids playing in there??

Could you request they have the tree house dismantled and then just fell it?

Last edited:

Jehinten

Well this should be fun

Four different tree companies bid this stone dead pine at a full day with no cleanup. Nobody could come up with an efficient plan beyond climb it, cut very small, and hand bomb everything. No crane, bucket, or even spider lift access. Not trust worthy enough to rig or even speed line from. No other trees in the vicinity even remotely tall enough to high line from.

I told the boss to write in the quote that there is a high probability of the treehouse getting damaged and that we won't be responsible for repairs.

View attachment 74926
Obviously I can't bid from a picture, but it looks like a couple of small trees could be removed for a spider lift access from the neighbor's property. Assuming the neighbor's have access to that point. Or of course the tree could have been dealt with while still in decline instead of stone dead... :endesacuerdo: good luck with that one.

Boomslang

Obviously I can't bid from a picture, but it looks like a couple of small trees could be removed for a spider lift access from the neighbor's property. Assuming the neighbor's have access to that point. Or of course the tree could have been dealt with while still in decline instead of stone dead... :endesacuerdo: good luck with that one.
There's a ravine just past the tree line to the neighbor's property. Not huge, but wide enough you'd have to build a bridge to get the lift across. Could possibly get one in from the customer's side but it would be very tight.

Boomslang

Is the tree house what killed the tree? Just curious if you can tell either now or after the removal.
It's possible. The customer said it's been dying for years and just lost the last of its needles last fall. Not sure why he waited so long to have the tree cut down

Winchman

You could have a tag line hanging from the cut piece and a lowering rope tied off in the tree. After cutting the piece, use the lowering rope to let it down, and a groundie uses the tag line to keep it away from the tree house. You'd still have small pieces, but good control with little added loading on the tree.

I actually did that today with two dead limbs hanging over a neighbor's shed. The able-bodied homeowner stayed well clear of where the limbs would drop if things went awry. I'd never had anyone help me before, but this seemed like a pretty low-risk situation, and he had suggested doing it that way.

Wrangler

The guys and I scored some nice ” thank you “ cards today. The artists were two little girls about 4and 6. I never met them before today when we showed up to cut their tree down. What a great way to end a day!

Attachments

• 374D9764-31D9-47BB-B530-0315A1C2C6FC.jpeg
    374D9764-31D9-47BB-B530-0315A1C2C6FC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • A9665BE5-AE44-497C-819D-C72B2B446032.jpeg
    A9665BE5-AE44-497C-819D-C72B2B446032.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom