Today....

Winchman

I finished up the bathroom remodel project today.
2020-07-05_bath.png 2020-07-05_bath2.png
I removed a garden tub we had never used to gain some extra space, shortened the wall next to the shower stall, put down new subfloor and underlayment (to repair some long-ago water damage), installed new vinyl flooring, and put in a new comfort-height toilet.

My wife is happy with the comfy toilet, added space, and fresh look.

I'm happy just knowing I can still do a decent job on something like that.

27RMT0N

Man, that's a bummer.

I found this tree frog about 50 feet up while I was removing a long-dead top out of a big leaf maple. Cut the whole piece out with the frog in it, swung over to the cedar I was actually tied into, and while trying to transfer it to a safe spot, it jumped out of my hand to the ground. Probably survived, but I'm not sure.

00 frog 01.jpg

00 frog 02.jpg

00 frog 03.jpg

Winchman

I often walk at the local high school track early in the morning. I take a small water bottle that I balance on the open end of a fence post pipe near the entrance. Several weeks ago, I found my bottle on the ground. There was no wind and no other people around. The same thing happened a couple more times over the next week, and then I spotted a green tree frog just below the top inside the pipe. No doubt it had been nudging the bottle just enough to make it fall.

Mystery solved. After a good laugh, I found a better place for my bottle.

Kandelero

howdy.
I just got the last piece in the mail of my "Not the Captain Throwing Hook Kit" grappling hook setup. Bought the same 6L bag, 50' of 3/8" line, a prusik I already had and a Chinese-special grapple off Amazon that actually feels extremely solid. Nearly all of my work is in tall doug firs and the ability to better transfer between trees will be huge. So busy right now I'm not sure when I'll have time to experiment with it, but look forward to trying it out soon. Reg has made a few videos on his setup which opened my eyes to the possibilities, as I'm in the same general area.

View attachment 68774
How's that Chinese hook been performing, or is it too soon to tell?

27RMT0N

How's that Chinese hook been performing, or is it too soon to tell?
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Thought I'd need it on a job the other day but turned out to be close enough I could just swing over. I've been meaning to do a rec climb with it around the house to test it, but haven't found the time.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom