Tips and Tricks

I use a tire with a smaller tire stuffed into it. (Not easy to do)
I bomb wood onto it. Way less lawn damage.

I'm a fan of the groundskeeper rakes and backpack blowers.

Try a Stihl power boom with the rubber paddles on stump grindings. You'll never use a rake to move them again.

I have a mini wedge attached to a retractable ID card lanyard for when I'm cutting big chunks. I clip it to my chest strap. Keeps me from loosing my wedge as it always goes back to home location after the chunk falls off the spar.

Last edited:

CaPowell

We have had so many clients ask where they can get them I started keeping a new one on the trucks and we sell them one.
I buy them by the case, and slip a dowel rod in the handle when we put them together to make the handles stiffer and keep them from getting crushed.
I have had so many customers say, "Hey, that's a funny looking rake." Once I show it to them, they always ask where they can get one. I have joked so many times about selling them.

How much are the cases?

OasisTree

I have had so many customers say, "Hey, that's a funny looking rake." Once I show it to them, they always ask where they can get one. I have joked so many times about selling them.

How much are the cases?

I have purchased them in the low 20s per rake, if you are buying quantity they will usually adjust the price. I have been buying them 12 at a time.

rico

If you taper your hinge you can get leaners to go where you want
It appears we have another timber falling expert in our midst. Perfect timing, as it seems the other one is M.I.A. Please elaborate on this mysterious tapered hinge Jem, and pic are a must!

Last edited:

Jem4417

It appears we have another timber falling expert in our midst. Perfect timing, as it seems the other one is M.I.A. Please elaborate on this mysterious tapered hinge Jem, and pic are a must!
Wait, I was making a joke from another thread. It’s title was “Tapered Hinge” in the rigging and roping section

rico

Wait, I was making a joke from another thread. It’s title was “Tapered Hinge” in the rigging and roping section
Apologize Jem, as I was just playing with you, and really trying to give Daniel a little more grief if he's still listening. I actually laughed when I read your post!.

Jem4417

Apologize Jem, as I was just playing with you, and really trying to give Daniel a little more grief if he's still listening. I actually laughed when I read your post!.
Lol yea I know I was reverse fucking with you

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom