'Tecnu Extreme' Poison Oak and Ivy Soap/Treatment...

ATH

Interesting , product description says can use After the outbreak. I've used hand sanitizer per a thread here and it works, except for the spots I miss, ha ha. I'll try Zanfel, thanks.
I had my doubts, but it works.

Merle Nelson

Jeri, welcome to Tree Buzz.

That guys video seems to be the voice of educated research. He likens the active ingredient in p to axle grease. Use a wash cloth to wipe off axle grease and it's once and done. So, I would use throw away rags.

In one of the threads here someone spoke of a hand wipe for greasy hands. I google that and keep a package of those disposable wipes in my p kit. Use them and toss by design.

For cloths washing machine and tecnu is the best I've come up with.

People talk about walking by poison oak and getting it without contact. That is more believeable to me because I live in wine country and have been paid to remove Eucalyptus tree's that were misting oil onto grapes and the wine makers could taste it in their product.

If your that sensitive or if you just get it badly from contact even after proper cleaning protocols there is probably something you can do about it. Google N.A.E.T. It is a systematic method for identifying and lesson in your reactivity to any given thing. (Previously written of here.)

Merle Nelson

Zanfel absorbs the oil from p and if you rinse that off well is removed. In bad cases or where you've left it to get highly irritated more exudes from your skin and you retreat when it starts to feel itchy again.

Zanfel website had best description and info previous to this researchers youtube video.

Reactions: ATH

ATH

I got some freebies of Zanfel in Pittsburgh and have used it since. Pricey little boogers though
Yeah...I look for them at any trade show. They will send you a card requesting info every year if they know you are a manager or owner. Return that - they'll send you a tube with some informational posters.

Once I thought it was too expensive to buy a new tube. Then I got a rash, and regretted not spending the $30!!!

ATH

Merle Nelson

Yeah, that's the idea. Good to know - I'll try it on pine sap tomorrow.

Zanfel is $42 at some of the CVS type drug stores but $34 at Walmart.

Tecnu Extreme is trying to accomplish same oil absorbance at $10 or $12 for twice as much product.

When I've been in it heavy I wipe off with wipes then wash with Tecnu both at the job. Tecnu Extreme at the job or as soon as home then Zanfel and wash off.

Jeri

Lots of great info. The zanfel was $32 for a small tube. Trying it. Vigilance is the key for me. I have cats and dogs, and I'm positive they are sharing the poison love. I wash hands frequently after petting, I wipe pants and shoes or feet with sanitizer or alcohol where they rub against me, and after walks wipe dogs with vinegar and or water. IF I'm constantly on it, it's bearable. That's it, have to be aware and not become complacent. It's a banner year for it here. And now we are seeing poison oak, that's a new one here. Anyone allergic to Virginia creeper, that's what we think it is everywhere here, five leaves, lovely red in fall, eats my flesh but no one believes it's possible.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom