rope runner pro

moss

Where is there a plastic piece? Is this something i am missing? Original has no plastic!
In the Nick Bonner “closer look” video he demos the plastic part, it’s part of the system that allows midline attachment functionality without a bunch of parts in your hand. Not a load bearing part so ideally if the part is well designed/constructed should be fine and likely replaceable.
-AJ

bonner1040

The small stopper is plastic because it was the best choice for the application. It only limits the rope runners collapse when un loaded and prevents inserting the rope in the wrong place. It doesn’t server any role in engaging or disengaging the device.

bonner1040

Serviceable if it breaks?
If say you set the RR on your soldering iron and it melts the plastic piece, YES it is serviceable. I know that the term 'plastic' is scary, but I really don't think its anything to worry about.

It's there as a functional improvement in multiple ways over the RR Classic and it wasn't chosen as plastic because plastic is cheaper, it was chosen because it keeps it serviceable, and was the right choice for weight and tooling needs.

Barc Buster

If say you set the RR on your soldering iron and it melts the plastic piece, YES it is serviceable. I know that the term 'plastic' is scary, but I really don't think its anything to worry about.

It's there as a functional improvement in multiple ways over the RR Classic and it wasn't chosen as plastic because plastic is cheaper, it was chosen because it keeps it serviceable, and was the right choice for weight and tooling needs.
I'm not scared by plastic in the least. There's plastic and then there's plastic like fiber reinforced nylon ect. I'm sure its durable, but being a wreck-it-Ralph, if I can break it I will. It's nice to know that parts will be replaceable.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I have noticed a lot of drag lately. I'm to sure what I've done to change my system. I tend with a quickie
Honestly Steve I always preferred the original tending spot. Never any drag. Just my preference. Quickie seemed big. Doubt that is your prob though. Have you checked how your spring is functioning.might be getting soft.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom