rope runner pro

oceans

I haven't but its drastically different than it was
I must have gone years without any tending issue. Then, I suddenly got an unreasonable amount of drag. It turned out to be the rope holding a flattened shape. If the Runner was gliding up the rope and the rope shape turned the wrong way it would bind up considerably.

The better a rope holds its round shape, the better any mechanical will perform on it.

ClimbHy

Very Sexy Device! Liking the upgrades. Are the friction points basically the same as the original RR? ie. slot angles, linkage dimensions, Pin diameters ? that sort of thing.

treebing

Very Sexy Device! Liking the upgrades. Are the friction points basically the same as the original RR? ie. slot angles, linkage dimensions, Pin diameters ? that sort of thing.
Friction points are stainless and have a little curve to them. SS is different than aluminum. There is a subtle difference in reaction although I'm not sure how to quantify it. All the measurements are the same

Steve Connally

I must have gone years without any tending issue. Then, I suddenly got an unreasonable amount of drag. It turned out to be the rope holding a flattened shape. If the Runner was gliding up the rope and the rope shape turned the wrong way it would bind up considerably.

The better a rope holds its round shape, the better any mechanical will perform on it.
I'm using Xstatic, doesn't feel like its flattening out much. What re you using eric?

cory

I notice rigging rings flatten my half inch bull lines, where as pulley blocks never did. I'm not a fan of flattened ropes!

ClimbHy

My RR really likes Petzel 11mm ,but the stuff is more like cable than rope , I don’t think you could flatten that stuff with an asphalt roller .

DSMc

My preliminary thinking is, I sure hope Notch was able to make plenty of these. I have only done a few short preliminary climbs, but wow!

I will try and refrain from too much speculation until I have more time on it but I'm definitely thinking 'wow'! It is a very high quality tool and I think Kevin nailed it.

Attachments

oldoakman

My preliminary thinking is, I sure hope Notch was able to make plenty of these. I have only done a few short preliminary climbs, but wow!

I will try and refrain from too much speculation until I have more time on it but I'm definitely thinking 'wow'! It is a very high quality tool and I think Kevin nailed it.
I'm getting all gooy now! You will need to change your avatar though.

dsptech

The insides of the box made me think it had green paint on it until I looked at the larger images.
Was about to be bummed out over it. :D

DSMc

Whatever ass kisser.
No safety, no swivel, no parking brake, no easy...
Some things become new and improved, some things 'and people' unfortunately don't.

Actually, Nick new he was taking a real chance sending me this. He and Kevin sent me one of the early Rope Runners to demo. I'm sure they were hoping for some good press. Have you ever read anything like that from me regarding the original RR?

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom