rope runner pro

RyanCafferky

I like the idea of a parking brake. What are some other tools that have one? I think the new spiderjack has one correct? I'm not aware of other tools with that feature. I have never used a tool that has a parking brake. So its not ever really been on my radar. I have difficulty imagining it. It clearly sounds like it would be safer.
The RIG and the ID both have lock modes.

DSMc

Thanks DSMc.. Now I am gonna be craving donuts all day... Unfortunately I don't eat wheat or sugar so now I have an itch I wont be able tho scratch.....
Same here, Rico, but I've not had any sugar or refined foods for so many years that they have zero allure.

ghostice

Looks like a great device. Getting the original rr on and off the line is easy enough for me but I recently bought the 4SRT bird flap for mine. I really like it but it sure makes it harder to get the top pin in and out. Nearly impossible with gloves on. Looks like the beak on the new one is almost sharp as the original. I really only need the bird flap for breaking it loose after hanging in one place for a bit.
So before the SRTBirdflappy thingy (which I like), I used to put a couple of short pieces of rubber tubing on the RR ears. To install/ remove the rope it was easy to take one or both off even in gloves and I used to keep a couple extra in a harness pouch for the inevitable dropsy. If that helps. Cheers

Njdelaney

Why isn't there a "check oil" light on the new RR? Or a maintenance interval alert beep? Or a cup holder? Does it come with a lightweight but safety-minded elf to push down on the flap so I don't have to, and alert me to any possible invisible structural defects in the tree? And if I use it to grind coffee, can it do an espresso grind or just plain old coarse? I need answers.

dsptech

Why isn't there a "check oil" light on the new RR? Or a maintenance interval alert beep? Or a cup holder? Does it come with a lightweight but safety-minded elf to push down on the flap so I don't have to, and alert me to any possible invisible structural defects in the tree? And if I use it to grind coffee, can it do an espresso grind or just plain old coarse? I need answers.
It's quite silly to ask about redesigning the thing now that its about done to include minor features that pale in comparison to something really important and useful, which is my only gripe, for example Electronic AutoTune. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
A parking brake.....oh please. Next thing we would want a hammock. Go climb the tree. I love one rope one device. Very freeing. People die in this industry because they make bad choices or become complacent or have poor training or lack of competency. Sad but factual.

Last edited:

dsptech

A parking brake.....oh please. Next thing we would want a hammock. Go climb the tree. I love one rope one device. Very freeing. Peolle die in this industry because they make bad choices or become complacent or have poor training or lack of competency. Sad but factual.
OK fine!
What about Auto-Eject with a parachute then?
Would that be unreasonable?
:lol:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom