rope runner pro

DSMc

I have only had time to run around on the Rope Runner Pro, getting to know it kind of stuff. I will be putting it to work next week. So far it continues to impress me.

Unlike the original, it feels good in the hand. Smooth contours on top where they are the most important. It is solid but not heavy, 15.2oz. by itself, 17.3 with a DMM perfecto.

It is most definitely 'not' rope fussy. It works well with all my ropes, 11mm Velocity, 11.5 Tachyon, 11.7 Yale, 12.7 Vortex, and even some old Arbor Master BRW 16 strand 13mm, though that did feel like sliding down a gravel road, the Rope Runner Pro handled it no problem.

It takes very little effort to initiate movement and has a broad and easily controlled speed range.

I absolutely love how it goes on and comes off the rope, a huge improvment. The top adjustable bollard has index marks. That was a great call as they are really helpful when you are fine tuning. You don't even need to take the rope out to do it.

I'm looking forward to putting it to work.

Acerxharlowii

I have only had time to run around on the Rope Runner Pro, getting to know it kind of stuff. I will be putting it to work next week. So far it continues to impress me.

Unlike the original, it feels good in the hand. Smooth contours on top where they are the most important. It is solid but not heavy, 15.2oz. by itself, 17.3 with a DMM perfecto.

It is most definitely 'not' rope fussy. It works well with all my ropes, 11mm Velocity, 11.5 Tachyon, 11.7 Yale, 12.7 Vortex, and even some old Arbor Master BRW 16 strand 13mm, though that did feel like sliding down a gravel road, the Rope Runner Pro handled it no problem.

It takes very little effort to initiate movement and has a broad and easily controlled speed range.

I absolutely love how it goes on and comes off the rope, a huge improvment. The top adjustable bollard has index marks. That was a great call as they are really helpful when you are fine tuning. You don't even need to take the rope out to do it.

I'm looking forward to putting it to work.
How did u get one so early while the rest of us wait impatiently

DSMc

Actually, I think that Nick wanted some unbiased opinions on this new Rope Runner Pro model. Everything you are hearing from the posted videos is from people that already love the RR or have a vested interest.

Those who know me know that I have strong preferences for my climbing tools and that the original RR is not among them. The two models are almost identical in many ways but the changes are significant and not just superficial.

I honestly need to have some time with this in a work situation to solidify my opinions, but from what I have tested so far, the new Rope Runner Pro is an outstanding tool.

stheis004

Actually, I think that Nick wanted some unbiased opinions on this new Rope Runner Pro model. Everything you are hearing from the posted videos is from people that already love the RR or have a vested interest.

Those who know me know that I have strong preferences for my climbing tools and that the original RR is not among them. The two models are almost identical in many ways but the changes are significant and not just superficial.

I honestly need to have some time with this in a work situation to solidify my opinions, but from what I have tested so far, the new Rope Runner Pro is an outstanding tool.
What's been your preferred climbing device?

Benjo75

Somethingwitty, you said the Akimbo was a flop. I really haven't heard much about it since all the hype as it was coming out. What do people not like about it? Other than not taking to pitchy ropes well.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
It was supposed to be the device that could do everything well. It turned out to be finicky and fiddly and not nearly as smooth as the rope runner. Guys are liking them as lanyard adjusters, but with all the hype and all the preorders it just fell short. Doug Tochtrop was the one who showed me how poorly they perform compared to the runner. (He has always been a RR zealot, but I believe he really tried to like the akimbo.)
I know the initial sales were great, but there was the potential for this device to really take over the vertical world.
Something still could. Certs are important for every industry that OSHA notices, so I'd love to wait for a CE RRP.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I think that a lot of people had unrealistic expectations of what the Akimbo would be. It has its own set of attributes and idiosyncrasies. That hardly makes it a flop.
Unrealistic expectations across the board make it a flop. It will be a cautionary tale for equipment in this industry for the foreseeable future.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Unrealistic expectations across the board make it a flop. It will be a cautionary tale for equipment in this industry for the foreseeable future.
Too much hype too much wait kilked the akimbo. Never seen a device resold so fast. A few love it thoigh and it is a viable option so would not call it a flop. A tweek on design may be all it needs to shine..

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom