Neck tether suggestions?

AdkEric

Thank you for that description, Tom. I would love to see a picture and try to duplicate it. I enjoy tinkering. I am comfortable with this setup, the prussik releases easily. I had been using closed loop tethers (see above) but this really struck me as a better option. I've been sporting the neck tethers for about a year and haven't had any issues, yet, but I can certainly appreciate how an emergent situation could necessitate a hands free break away.

Edit: Thank you for adding the picture.

Last edited:

Njdelaney

I really liked the idea of an open loop and prussik and finally got around to making one with what I had on hand. Blue moon and some 6mm tech cordage. Sliding double fisherman's knot captures the SMC ring. Rock X carabiner to tend my climbing device. My knee ascender will clip into the ring.
View attachment 72862
Yours is prettier than mine. I particularly like the height adjustability of this sort of tether because different devices have different height tending points and with this it can always be dialed in perfect.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom