Morbark broken lower feed wheels

Merle Nelson

Southwest Airlines has, or had, some of their people trade jobs for a day every so often so they knew what the other person was faced with. The pilots would go and throw luggage or check people in at the gate and see some frantic mother come with three kids and all their gear at the last minute.

I have always felt chipper sales people (and maybe engineers) should go out and chip brush day in and day out with one of the tree services for a week at a time. Somewhere long before day five it would dawn on them why it's important if their chipper wont crush crotches, or doesn't like brittle and dead wood etc.

What year's your machine? Wondering if this is within a certain production run.
I have a Morbark 2400xl 2005 JD 200HP with 4500 hrs on it ,and it broke down, so I bought a new 2017M18R , as to keep operating no way to rent a machine that size around here, and it has had nothing but problems since we got it. Now the lower infeed wheel is broken any suggestions on the best way to diagnose fix? Good thing I kept the old 2005 2400XL we call it old reliable because it is much more reliable then the new computerized machines. Any thoughts?

VenasNursery

I have a Morbark 2400xl 2005 JD 200HP with 4500 hrs on it ,and it broke down, so I bought a new 2017M18R , as to keep operating no way to rent a machine that size around here, and it has had nothing but problems since we got it. Now the lower infeed wheel is broken any suggestions on the best way to diagnose fix? Good thing I kept the old 2005 2400XL we call it old reliable because it is much more reliable then the new computerized machines. Any thoughts?
The lower feed wheel is driven br a hyd motor
On that motor a shaft comes out and on that shaft is a keyway that could have broken or your chain master link or chain might have broke

Did you check your autofeed to make sure it didn’t get turned off

Or check between the drum and engine should be the autofeed valve body and make sure both ends have the screw on plastic retainers on each end

next call Morbark

good luck

Trevor Balgavy

What is broken or what is it doing?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom